InCharge Debt Solutions Sponsors Document Shredding Event in Orlando as part of "National Protect Your Identity Week"
Orlando-based nonprofit credit counseling organization helps consumers protect personal and sensitive data at October 25, 2012 event
ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- InCharge Debt Solutions ("InCharge") will be participating in the "National Protect Your Identity Week" by participating in an Orlando-area event where they will help consumers learn how to protect their identities and help them shred their unwanted documents. The event will take place on Thursday, October 25, 2012, from 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. at the City of Edgewood's Farmers Market located at City Hall, 405 Larue Avenue, Orlando, Florida 32809.
A Cintas Truck will be at the market to shred sensitive documents such as old bills, medical documents, and other personal papers ready for disposal. InCharge will have handouts and information on how to protect your identity along with financial education material. The Better Business Bureau will also be in attendance with information and to answer questions.
"Identity theft is an ever-increasing problem for American consumers, particularly for those who use credit cards and the Internet," said Etta Money, InCharge's president. "This event is an opportunity for everyone in our community to learn how to protect their identities and safely dispose of or recycle items that contain personal and sensitive data so the identity thieves can't get them."
InCharge Debt Solutions provides an array of certified counseling services including an alternative to debt consolidation that allows consumers to consolidate credit card bills into one monthly payment, pay debt off faster, lower interest rates regardless of credit score, stop collection calls, eliminate late fees and build a budget and financial plan to follow:
- Credit Counseling: Certified credit counselors give free, confidential counseling (online or by phone) and offer an alternative to debt consolidation through debt management programs and free budgeting assistance. Call 877-486-4924.
- Bankruptcy Education and Counseling: Take required pre-filing and pre-discharge courses and receive counseling from certified staff. Call 866-729-0049.
- Housing Counseling Services: Get help with HUD-approved foreclosure prevention, first-time homebuyer education and free counseling. Call 877-251-1882.
- Servicemember Help: Specialized help for military families facing financial difficulty. Call 877-258-9549.
- Online Counseling: Free, comprehensive web counseling provides budget building tool, analysis and available solutions from your computer. Visit: www.incharge.org.
About InCharge® Debt Solutions
Founded in 1997, InCharge® Debt Solutions is a leading 501(c)(3) non-profit, community-service organization offering confidential and professional credit counseling, housing counseling, debt management, bankruptcy education and general financial education to individuals seeking options to manage credit card debt and consolidate debt payment. The company, accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC), interacted with over 1.1 million consumers in 2011. InCharge is affiliated with InCharge® Education Foundation, Inc. (ICEF) which is dedicated to providing educational products, services and research supporting the personal financial literacy of consumers across America. ICEF also provides financial literacy training to servicemembers and their families through MilitaryMoney.com.
Contact: Media Relations
InCharge® Debt Solutions
SOURCE InCharge Debt Solutions