Independent Research Firm Recognizes Salesforce.com as a Leader in Public Cloud Platforms
Salesforce Platform is the only product named as a leader in all four categories - Best Public Cloud Platform for rapid app developers, coders, DevOps pros and AD&D leaders
Public cloud platforms identified as the keys that unlock the flexibility, productivity and economic advantages of cloud computing
SAN FRANCISCO, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform, today announced the Salesforce Platform has been recognized as a Leader in all four categories of the June Forrester Research, Inc., report, The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Public Cloud Platforms, Q2 2013.
Comments on the News
- "Businesses are seizing the new enterprise app revolution and are demanding the next generation of apps that are mobile, social and connected with the people, processes and data across their entire business," said Mike Rosenbaum, executive vice president of Salesforce Platform, salesforce.com. "The Salesforce Platform has democratized app development, providing organizations with any combination of developers–citizen developers, coders and expert programmers with the fastest path from idea to app."
Salesforce Platform: The Cloud Platform of Choice for Customer Companies
The Salesforce Platform is the world's most trusted cloud platform for building enterprise apps. It powers salesforce.com's own CRM apps, 1,800+ partner-built apps on the AppExchange, and more than 3 million custom apps built by customers. More than 1 million developers and business analysts use Salesforce Platform to quickly build and deliver connected apps on any device.
According to The Forrester Wave: Enterprise Public Cloud Platforms, Q2 2013:
- "Together as the Salesforce Platform, Force.com and Heroku are used by up to 100,000 organizations, about 10% of which are large enterprises. Both Force.com and Heroku are backed by robust partner ecosystems."
- "Force.com is one of the oldest platform-as-a-service offerings, as well as one of the most successful."
- "Salesforce.com's Force.com platform is the leading example of a product that began life as a set of application extension tools and is now a public cloud platform used for many applications."
The Forrester Wave: Enterprise Public Cloud Platforms, Q2 2013 identified three types of developers who have differing needs in terms of depth of resource control: rapid application developers, coders and DevOps pros. The Salesforce Platform was named a leader in all three developer segments:
- In the overall Forrester Wave: Best Public Cloud Platform for AD&D Leaders, Salesforce Platform earned the highest possible score in nine categories including breadth of application services, application deployment services, its partner ecosystem and self-service control.
- For Rapid Application Developers, Salesforce Platform received the highest scores possible in nine categories including its partner ecosystem, development and testing tools, application deployment services and self-service controls.
- In the coders evaluation, Salesforce Platform again achieved the highest possible scores in nine categories including infrastructure abstraction features, breadth of application services, its partner ecosystem and autoscaling features.
- Salesforce Platform also achieved the highest possible score in nine categories for DevOps Pros including its partner ecosystem, development and testing tools, application deployment services and breadth of application services.
- Learn more about Salesforce Platform: www.salesforce.com/platform/overview
- Follow @forcedotcom, @heroku and @salesforce on Twitter
- Like Salesforce Platform on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SFDCplatform
- Like Developer Force on Facebook: www.facebook.com/forcedotcom
Salesforce.com is the world's largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
© 2013 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other brands featured herein may be trademarks of their respective owners