HOLMDEL, N.J., April 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Information management company Index Engines launched a new services and software program today that streamlines the migration of data of value from backup tape to cloud or disk-based storage, supporting data center cost reduction and risk management.
The Legacy Data Migration Assurance Program leverages Index Engines' in-place tape indexing and selective restoration technology and scans, audits and locates valuable business files and email on backup tapes and migrates the data to a new online platform for long-term retention where it can be managed according to data governance retention policies.
This eliminates the use of legacy backup tapes for data archiving and enables online management of long-term retention data to control risk and provide more cost-effective eDiscovery support.
"Organizations have used backup tapes as an archive for decades, however in today's legal and regulatory climate storing sensitive business records on offline, inaccessible media is proving costly and complex," Index Engines vice president Jim McGann said. "Our new service simplifies the migration of this sensitive content to the cloud or online disk storage and reduces the risks and costs surrounding unmanaged offline legacy data."
With the new assurance program, customers to eliminate the redundancy of tape, and find and extract the 1- 10 percent that has LTR value. Index Engines remotely manages the project to assure success and mitigate the end user time commitment.
Engineers manage the installation, training, processing and ongoing support of the migration project in order to guarantee success. The organization simply needs to install a server and tape library within their secure data center, and through remote management Index Engines will manage the data migration.
The Legacy Data Migration Assurance Program is reasonably priced per tape and includes:
- Installation and Configuration: Implementation of the Index Engines software and connection to tape libraries and network/cloud storage in the client's data center.
- Product Training: Training on the user interface as well as the administrative features of the product.
- Migration Policy Development & Implementation: Development of data policy to determine what content will be migrated from tape to disk.
- Project Overview & Timing: Development of a project plan that will determine the resources required for the project as well as a schedule and milestones.
- Daily Audit & Onsite Coordination: Daily remote monitoring of the Index Engines system to review logs and audit the process.
- Troubleshooting & Resolution: Monitor and resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Monthly Executive Review: Monthly meetings to review the progress and milestones as compared to the defined project plan.
For more information on the assurance program, visit: http://www.indexengines.com/partners/services/legacy-data-migration-assurance-program
For more information on the difference between keeping LTR data on tape vs. in an archive, visit: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/real-difference-between-backup-archive-tim-williams?trk=mp-reader-card
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/index-engines-launches-new-service-to-mitigate-the-risks-and-expenses-of-long-term-retention-data-held-on-backup-tapes-300260004.html
SOURCE Index Engines