DUBLIN, April 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "India Dietary Supplements Market by product type (Protein Supplements, Vitamins & minerals, Herbals, Probiotic, & Others), Forecast & Opportunities, 2021" report to their offering.
The dietary supplements market in India is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 11.60% during 2016-2021, on account of rapid urbanisation, growing health consciousness, coupled with growing demand from athletes all across the country.
Moreover, dietary supplements can be categorised into various by product type amongst which, vitamin & mineral dietary supplements dominated India dietary supplements market in 2015, and is further expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period, owing to changing lifestyle that is creating various physical and mental disorders.
Dietary supplements are products consumed in the form of either powder, tablets/capsule or liquid in order to fulfil the deficiency caused by lack of balanced diet. They can be further classified into various by product types such as, Vitamins & Minerals, Herbal dietary Supplements, Protein, etc. Moreover, owing to changing lifestyle, rising health consciousness, and rising per capita income is driving the dietary supplements market in India.
Cities in India such as, Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Kolkata etc., have witnessed industrial growth at a much faster pace as compared to other states in India, and are also the hub for major FDI inflows in the country. Thus, these cities have also witnessed significant rise in lifestyle diseases such as, blood pressure, malnutrition, over-weight, etc., thereby propelling demand for dietary supplements. Furthermore, inclining preference towards preventive healthcare to avoidrising cost of medical treatments, coupled with growing adoption of dietary supplements by athletes and innovative marketing strategies are further anticipated to drive India dietary supplements market in the coming years.
Moreover, vitamin & mineral dietary supplements contain variety of micronutrients that helps the body to function smoothly and improve mental health which, is the major factor for its dominance in the market. Furthermore, India dietary supplements market can also be segmented on the basis of by point of sale in which, Pharmacies/Drug Stores dominated the market in 2015, and this segment is further anticipated to maintain its dominance in the coming years, owing to strong high penetration of this point in sale all across India, coupled with government has licensed them to sell drugs and dietary supplements as prescribed by the doctor or health professional.
India Dietary Supplements Market report discusses the following aspects of dietary supplements market in India:
- India Dietary Supplements Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis - By Product Type (Vitamin & Mineral, Herbal, Protein and Other), By Point of Sale (Pharmacies/Drug Stores, Supermarket/Hypermarket, Internet/Online, Departmental/Retail Store and Others), By Top City
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Market Trends & Developments
- Rising Demand for Herbal Dietary Supplements
- Customized Products to Support Cultures
- Entry of Foreign Players
- New Marketing Initiatives
- Innovative Product Formats
Key Topics Covered:
1. Product Overview
2. Research Methodology
3. Analyst View
4. Global Dietary Supplements Market Overview
5. India Dietary Supplements Market Outlook
6. India Vitamin & Mineral Dietary Supplements Market Outlook
7. India Herbal Dietary Supplements Market Outlook
8. India Protein Dietary Supplements Market Outlook
9. India Other Dietary Supplements Market Outlook
10. Supply Chain Analysis
11. Import Export Analysis
12. Market Dynamics
13. Market Trends & Developments
14. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
15. India Economic Profile
16. Competitive Landscape
17. Strategic Recommendations
- Abbott India Limited
- Amway India Enterprises Pvt. Ltd.
- Cadila Healthcare Limited
- Dabur India Limited
- Danone Nutricia International Pvt. Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Ltd.
- Herbalife International India Pvt. Ltd.
- Himalaya Drug Company
- Kraft Heinz India Pvt. Ltd.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/98lg7k/india_dietary
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/india-dietary-supplements-protein-supplements-vitamins-and-minerals-herbals-probiotic-and-others-market-forecast-and-opportunities-2021---research-and-markets-300447848.html
SOURCE Research and Markets