Infographic: Practice Fusion Reaches Record Growth Helping Doctors Save Lives in 2012
The free, web-based EHR community celebrates the impact of its life-saving technology in a newly released 2012 milestone infographic
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Practice Fusion, the largest doctor-patient community in the country, achieved several major milestones in 2012 while serving over 150,000 medical professionals. In less than a year, the free, web-based Electronic Health Record (EHR) has more than doubled its patient community alone, to 52 million patients. The EHR, which has already helped independent physician practices earn an estimated $100 million in Meaningful Use incentives, provides scheduling, charting, e-prescribing, lab integrations, referral letters and portable iPad access - all at no cost.
"One in five of our medical professionals tell us they've saved a life with the help of their EHR," said Ryan Howard , CEO of Practice Fusion. "Our growth is driving a huge impact on healthcare— revolutionizing medicine with data-driven technology and helping prevent up to 195,000 deaths each year caused by medical errors."
In 2012, Practice Fusion:
- Reached 52 million patients through its EHR, 16 percent of the total US population
- Closed a $34 million Series C round in financing in June led by Artis Ventures
- Helped small practices earn an estimated $100 million in Meaningful Use incentives to date
- Celebrated the beta launch of Practice Fusion EHR for the iPad at Connect 2012
- Earned the No. 1 EHR ranking for eRx customer satisfaction and keeping users on track to achieve Meaningful Use in Brown-Wilson's Black Book Rankings, for the second year running
- Launched its new lab API, which allows any laboratory in the country to connect directly to the EMR quickly and inexpensively
- Selected as a 2013 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, which recognizes 23 of the world's most innovative technology start-ups
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based EHR system to physicians. With medical charting, scheduling, e-prescribing (eRx), lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EMR software addresses the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing electronic medical record community in the country with more than 150,000 users serving 52 million patients. The company closed a $34 million Series C financing led by Artis Ventures in June. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit www.practicefusion.com
Press Contact – Margaret Farrell
- Location: San Francisco
- Phone: 415.692.7534
SOURCE Practice Fusion
More by this Source
150,000 Medical Professionals Stay Paperless with Practice Fusion
Apr 22, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.