NEW YORK, May 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Informa Business intelligence division has expanded and restructured as it combines with the brands and businesses acquired from Penton Information Services in November 2016.
Patrick Martell, Chief Executive of Business intelligence said, "This is an exciting time for our teams and customers. We posted good organic growth in 2016 and we are continuing to make investments in products and platforms across the Division. Onboarding Penton, a successful company with talented people, excellent brands and strong positions in vital vertical markets, has expanded and complemented Informa's existing Business intelligence offering. We now address new vertical industries, and have extended our reach, products and offerings throughout the Division, giving customers deeper sources of specialist intelligence and opportunities to strengthen their businesses."
The Business intelligence division is now comprised of six industry-focused Vertical businesses, with supporting capabilities including Marketing Services and Consulting.
- The new Industry and Infrastructure Intelligence vertical draws on Penton's expertise serving millions of professionals in the Public Infrastructure, Design & Manufacturing, Technology, Energy & Buildings and Asset Intelligence markets.
- A new Transportation Intelligence vertical combines the Division's Maritime Intelligence business with Penton's Aviation and Ground Transportation brands to create a broader offering, supplying vital industry information to more than three million professionals in 185 countries.
- The Agribusiness Intelligence and Financial Intelligence verticals have benefitted from the addition of Penton brands, including the Food & Restaurant Market and WealthManagement.com.
- The Division's Pharma Intelligence and TMT Intelligence verticals continue to benefit from the Division's investments in products.
- With Penton has come the addition of leading Marketing Services capabilities and trusted relationships with millions of business professionals in specialist markets.
- There is a fresh approach and new growth plans for Consulting in 2017, leveraging the deep insight and industry knowledge within each Vertical to provide new types of intelligence to customers.
ABOUT BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE / INFORMA
Business intelligence, a division of Informa, is deeply rooted in niche industry knowledge helping customers make good business decisions and gain competitive advantages. With a portfolio of digital subscription products and critical market intelligence, Business intelligence also combines marketplace knowledge and audience engagement with full service marketing expertise to create an environment where clients can accelerate their businesses.
To learn more about the new Business intelligence division, visit: http://informa.com/divisions/business-intelligence/.
President Marketing Services & Communication
Informa Business intelligence
212 204 4351
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/informa-expands-business-intelligence-division-to-offer-new-deeper-and-broader-verticals-with-the-integration-of-penton-300459153.html
SOURCE Informa Business intelligence