Information About The Clothes Throw and Celebrities Involved This Year
LONDON, October 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Littlewoods.com is proud to be the official supporter of The Clothes Throw 2012. This renowned annual event sees celebrities donate their clothing and accessories to be auctioned to raise funds for the UK's busiest children's hospital, Alder Hey. Now in its fourth year, the Clothes Throw has already raised over £100,000 for the children's charity and 2012 is set to be bigger and better than ever.
Celebrities who have donated to The Clothes Throw 2012 include Coleen Rooney , donating a one-off dress she designed for Littlewoods, Fearne Cotton , donating a cream tulip-shaped dress, and Twiggy generously donating a selection of items including signed boots, a full length skirt and palazzo pants.
Coleen Rooney , who is patron of Alder Hey Children's Charity, and will be fronting the Clothes Throw this year, said, "I am delighted to be helping Alder Hey Children's Hospital with their annual Clothes Throw. This is a cause very close to my heart and I'm hoping everyone can get behind this great campaign to make use of the things we have in our wardrobes which we no longer need, and raise much needed funds for the UK's busiest children's hospital at the same time."
Other top celebrities involved with this charitable event include Paloma Faith , Shirley Bassey , Kimberley Walsh , Joan Collins and Wayne Rooney .
To view the items donated or for your chance to make a bid and own one of the prized garments simply visit http://www.theclothesthrow.com between 30th October and 30th November. The annual gala event will take place on the 15th November at the Lady Chapel of Liverpool Anglican Cathedral, where guests will be invited to place a bid, as well as the chance to win a prize from Chanel worth over £350.
Notes to editors
Clothes Throw 2012 list of celebrities who have donated this year and in the past:
- Alex Monroe , Designer - Alex Monroe gold bumblebee pendant with chain as worn by Sienna Miller who has teamed with a cluster of her own jewellery, and Rochelle Wiseman from the Saturdays who's worn the necklace as a statement piece. RRP £100
- Alice Temperley , Designer - Signed book from Alice Temperley
- Amy Williams , Team GB Athlete
- Andrew Lancel , Actor - Tickets to Epstein play with meet and greet and dinner
- Barbara Hullanicki, Biba Founder/designer - Barbara Hulanicki's own black leather bag by Be & D. Be & D redefines the concept of American luxury with its seamless blend of old-world craftsmanship and modern creative vision
- Benna Harry , Designer - A selection of jewellery from Benna.co.uk
- British Fashion Council, Professional Body VIP - London Fashion Week Tickets
- Carol Vorderman , Presenter - Catherine Malandrino Talavera Quilted Jacket
- Chanel, Design House - Chanel beauty products worth over £350
- Chanelle McCoy , Horse Racing - A grey Armani oversized patent bag
- Christopher Kane , Designer - SS11 Christopher Kane neon yellow lace dress showcased on the catwalk at London Fashion Week which retails over £2,000
- Coleen Rooney , Presenter - A silver Philip Armstrong dress from her own wardrobe and her limited edition Littlewoods dress
- Denise Welch , Presenter
- Erickson Beamon , Designer - A bracelet from hot new London Fashion Week designer Erickson Beamon who is a favourite of Lady Gaga, Beyonce and Michelle Obama
- Fearne Cotton , Presenter - A cream tulip shaped dress from ASOS from Fearne's wardrobe which she has signed inside
- Frank Rostron Tailors, Designer - A bespoke tailor made shirt
- Glen Johnson , Footballer - A signed LFC shirt from Glen and all the team
- Grand National 2012 winning signed silk Horse Racing Jockey silk and cap signed by the Grand National winning 2012 team including jockey Daryl Jacob , owner John Hales and trainer Paul Nicholls
- Harry Aikines-Aryeetey, Team GB Athlete
- Helena Bonham Carter , Actress - A signed copy of the King and I script with Helena's stage notes
- Holly Fulton , Designer - Monocrome earrings from the LFW designer
- Holly Willoughby , Presenter - Holly Willoughby Bodycon Dress with signed photo & message saying 'enjoy the dress'
- House of Harlow by Nicole Richie , Designer - Six pairs of House of Harlow shoes and a pair of sunglasses
- Jack Green , Team GB Athlete
- Jacqueline Gold , Entrepreneur - A navy blue Derek Lam dress
- Jameela Jamil , Presenter - From her Very range with a signed photo
- Jamelia, Singer
- Jane Carr , Designer - Two silk scarves from the accessories designer
- Joan Collins , Actress
- John Rocha , Designer
- Katie Piper , Presenter - Katie Piper has donated a beautiful red Ted Baker dress that she wore on a cover shoot for The Daily Mail Weekend
- Kimberley Walsh , Singer - Two pairs of signed Puma trainers
- Laura Johnson , WAG
- Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen , Presenter - Signed books and one of Laurence's ties
- Missoni,Design - House A suit
- Mulberry, Design House - Mulberry's Liliy with gems bag
- Paloma Faith , Singer - Green glitter heels
- Pepe Reina , Footballer - Two pairs of his signed goalie gloves
- Perri Shakes Drayton, Team GB Athlete
- Phillips Idowu , Team GB Athlete
- Sheree Murphy , Actress
- Shirley Bassey , Singer - Her own signed Julian McDonald bag
- Stephanie Davis , Actress - Twelve dresses from her wardrobe
- Twenty 8 Twelve by Sienna Miller, Designer - Two Daisy dresses in khaki and coral and a navy blazer
- Twiggy, Model/Actress - A selection of items from Twiggy including signed boots, palazzo pants and a full length skirt
- Vivienne Westwood , Designer
- Wayne Rooney , Footballer - A personalised signed shirt from Wayne Rooney who will write a message of your choice
Alder Hey provides family-focused care for around 270,000 young patients every year and is responsible for the health of more children than any other hospital in the UK. Alder Hey Children's Charity aims to support the pioneering work of the hospital by funding research, improving the environment and providing facilities for patients and their families and buying the very latest medical equipment.
The Clothes Throw started in 2009 when mum Helen Ainscough wanted to give something back to Alder Hey after saving her little girl Molly May's life.
The Clothes Throw Launch on 30th October in Boodles, 178 New Bond St, London, W1S 4RH
Littlewoods is part of Shop Direct Group and is the UK's leading online and home shopping retailer, operating across 49 countries, including the US and Canada. The Group has 5m active customers, receives over 500,000 website visits every year, and delivers more
More by this Source
A Christmas Peril
Dec 20, 2012, 12:03 ET
Nov 26, 2012, 12:42 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.