SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SALESFORCE.COM DREAMFORCE – Intacct today announced the addition of a new social platform to its cloud financial management and accounting software. This new offering will embed Salesforce Chatter, the leading enterprise social network, into Intacct to create a secure social layer across all finance processes. This integrated solution delivers unprecedented levels of communication and collaboration across front and back office employees.
The announcement was made today at salesforce.com's Dreamforce 2013 in San Francisco. Intacct will highlight the new Salesforce Chatter Inside Intacct offering later today in a breakout session in Moscone West 3009/3001 at 3:00 p.m. entitled: "Socialize Apps, Including ERP and Mobile Apps, with Salesforce Chatter." Intacct will also be included in the Salesforce Chatter keynote on Wednesday, Nov. 20, from 9:00-10:00 a.m. To see a personal demonstration of the new capabilities, visit the Intacct booth (# N2011) in the Dreamforce Expo.
Comments on the News
- "This is a huge milestone for financial systems – moving away from the 'anti-social' processes of legacy, on-premises software to the more modern, social approach of the cloud," said Aaron Harris, CTO and VP of Engineering, Intacct. "Customers rely on Intacct to complete mission critical accounting and back office business processes. The addition of Salesforce Chatter Inside Intacct will facilitate greater collaboration, expedite decision making, and ultimately accelerate these processes – making companies more competitive."
- "Companies are looking to transform every part of their organization to thrive in the social era," said Nasi Jazayeri, EVP and GM, Salesforce Chatter, salesforce.com. "Now Intacct's users can leverage Salesforce Chatter to deliver a unified social experience that drives speed and productivity across the front and back office."
- "As a fast-growing company, anything we can do to be more proactive in our decision making is critical," said Rob Chesney, COO, Trunk Club. "We are strong believers in leveraging social technology in our business. The addition of Salesforce Chatter Inside Intacct will completely change the way we interact with our financial data, enabling us to be more collaborative in our financial processes and in how we use financial and operational data to run our business."
Transforming Finance for the Social Era
Traditional, legacy financial systems were designed well before the advent of social technology. These outdated, on-premises systems create functional silos that discourage social activity and impair productivity. The addition of Chatter to Intacct provides a unique social layer that encourages users to collaborate and work together with financial data – speeding business processes, eliminating communication barriers, and improving decision making. This new social layer provides Intacct customers an easier way to share files and provides a more comprehensive and searchable history of information exchange – a critical component of compliance and auditability.
With Salesforce Chatter Inside Intacct, customers will now be able to:
- Leverage a common social platform across CRM and finance
- Create a unified social feed for all enterprise data
- Develop more productive and efficient workflows powered by collaboration
Salesforce Chatter – Drive Business at the Speed of Social
With more than 210,000 active networks, Salesforce Chatter is the leading enterprise social network. Today, more than 50 percent of the Fortune 500 use Chatter to connect with their customers, partners, and employees in entirely new ways, making it the standard for how businesses collaborate. Part of the Salesforce Platform, Chatter is the only enterprise social network that is completely open, empowering companies to integrate social into every business process and every application with a unified feed.
About Dreamforce 2013
Dreamforce 2013 is the world's largest vendor technology conference, and expects more than 120,000 people to register to attend this year's 11th annual conference and experience the power of social and mobile cloud computing and connect with their customers in a whole new way. With more than 1,100 sessions and 350 cloud companies in the expo, attendees can participate in interactive sessions, hands-on training with cutting-edge technology, thousands of live demos and unparalleled networking. In addition, Dreamforce welcomes special guests Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook; Marissa Mayer, President and CEO of Yahoo!; and Deepak Chopra, Founder of The Chopra Foundation. Dreamforce 2013 offers attendees everything they need to accelerate their customer company transformation in four days, under one roof.
Intacct is the cloud financial management company. Bringing cloud computing to finance and accounting, Intacct's award-winning applications are the preferred financial applications for AICPA business solutions. Intacct applications, in use by more than 7,000 organizations from startups to public companies, are designed to improve company performance and make finance more productive. Hundreds of leading CPA firms and Value Added Resellers offer Intacct to their clients. The Intacct system includes accounting, contract management, revenue recognition, project accounting, fund accounting, inventory management, purchasing, vendor management, financial consolidation and financial reporting applications, all delivered over the Internet via cloud computing.
Intacct and the Intacct logo are trademarks of Intacct Corporation. Salesforce, AppExchange, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. All other company and product names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.