NEW YORK, Oct. 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
"Growing security concerns for critical infrastructure and strict regulatory compliances are expected to drive the IoT security market"
The Internet of Things (IoT) security market is projected to grow from USD 7.90 billion in 2016 to USD 36.95 billion by 2021, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 36.1% due to rising concerns for security in critical infrastructures and strict security regulations imposed by regulating bodies.
"Network security to have the largest market size in 2016"
Network security is estimated to have the largest market size in 2016. The key trends contributing to this market growth are the growing virtualization of servers and increased usage of connected devices, resulting in the rise of security breaches targeting enterprise networks.
"BFSI vertical to have the largest market size during the forecast period"
The Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI) vertical is expected to witness the largest market size during the forecast period because of the increasing adoption of web and mobile applications, which are prone to advanced cyber-attacks. Smart banking, internet banking, and mobile banking are the factors, which have led the BFSI sector to focus more on IoT security.
"Asia-Pacific to witness the highest growth during 2016–2021"
North America is expected to hold the largest market share of the IoT security market in 2016 due to strict regulations and technological advancement. Asia-Pacific (APAC) is expected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period due to high rate of adoption of IoT security solutions.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and sub-segments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key industry personnel. The break-up of the profiles of primary discussion participants is given below.
- By Company Type: Tier-1 (55%), Tier-2 (20%), and Tier-3 (25%) companies
- By Designation: C-level (60%), Director Level (25 %), and Others (15%)
- By Region: North America (10 %), Europe (20%), APAC (40%), and Rest of World (30%)
The major trends in the IoT security market include increasing sophistication of threats and attacks, diversified reach of the connected devices, and risks over personal data. Huge opportunities are prevailing for IoT security in the untapped geographic regions, especially in the Middle East and Latin America.
The report also contains the profiling and competitive landscape of the major technology vendors. Some of the major technology vendors include Cisco Systems, Inc., IBM Corporation, Infineon Technologies, Intel Corporation, Symantec Corporation, Check Point Technologies, ARM Holdings, NXP Semiconductor, INSIDE Secure, Gemalto NV, Trend Micro, Sophos Plc, and Wurldtech Security Technologies.
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the IoT security market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on IoT security offered by the top players in the global IoT security market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the IoT security market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets—the report analyzes the markets for IoT security across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the global IoT security market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global IoT security market
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03973712-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/internet-of-things-security-market-by-technology-industry-vertical-and-application---global-forecast-to-2021-300352174.html