HUNTERSVILLE, N.C., Nov. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- IRWIN® Tools, a leading manufacturer of hand tools and power tool accessories, announces the launch of an updated line of One-Handed Bar Clamps (OHBC) and introduces a new line of clamping accessories. The new lines feature upgraded clamps for improved ease of use and a complete line of OHBC accessories that extend the functionality of the redesigned Heavy-Duty (HD) and Medium-Duty (MD) OHBC to enable users to transform their OHBC into a specialty clamp allowing them to accomplish many tasks with just one tool.
"As the creator of the first OHBC, IRWIN® QUICK-GRIP® is known for providing innovative clamping solutions, and by listening to our users, we understand how important it is for them to be able to use one tool for various tasks on the job," said Jillian Shute, Director of Brand Marketing, IRWIN® Tools. "Our refreshed OHBC and new line of OHBC accessories were designed with that insight in mind. The new accessories extend the functionality of the OHBC and allow tradespeople to accomplish more tasks without the added cost and need for additional storage that comes with purchasing a brand new clamping tool."
The updated clamping line includes a Quick-Change™ push button for easy conversion into a spreader or for quick installation of the new accessories, and the swivel jaws are now removable to allow users the flexibility to modify the jaw position based on what each job requires. Consistent with the previous generation of OHBC that tradespeople trust today, the new Heavy Duty and Medium Duty OHBC can sustain 600 and 300 pounds of clamping force, respectively. The Heavy-Duty clamps are available in six sizes (6", 12", 18", 24", 36", 50"), and the Medium-Duty clamps are available in five sizes (6", 12", 18", 24", 36"). The entire range also includes redesigned Mini and Micro clamps for a cohesive look and feel throughout the family of OHBC. The Mini is available in 6" and 12"; the Micro is available in 4-1/4."
The new line of accessories aim to make users more efficient and productive throughout their day by increasing the number of tasks that can be completed with OHBC. Included in the new line are:
- Edge Clamp: Converts OHBC into an edge clamp to easily hold trim and edging on materials
- Wide Pads: Doubles the width of the OHBC pads for even distribution of clamping force over a wider surface area
- Corner Clamp: Transforms OHBC into a corner clamp for easy clamping of 90-degree angles
- Clamp Coupler: Increases the bar length of OHBC by joining together two smaller clamps to make one larger clamp for tackling large projects
- Hold-Down Jig: Turns OHBC into a table clamp for firmly holding items in the middle of a worktable
- Deck Tool: Changes OHBC into a tool for lining up, spacing and holding boards in place for easy, accurate deck building
- Stand: Expands usage of one-handed bar clamps to allow level clamping applications for projects like frames, caseworks and drawers
The new One-Handed Bar Clamps and Accessories are available at Lowe's, construction and industrial tool suppliers, and hardware store throughout the U.S. and Canada.
About IRWIN Tools
IRWIN Tools manufactures and distributes a broad line of hand tools and power tool accessories under the IRWIN® brand including VISE-GRIP® pliers and wrenches, MARATHON® saw blades, QUICK-GRIP® clamping tools, SPEEDBOR® wood drilling bits, STRAIT-LINE® marking tools, UNIBIT® step drill bits, MARPLES® fine woodworking tools, and HANSON® taps and dies. IRWIN Tools is a part of Newell Brands global portfolio of leading brands. For more information, call 1-800-GO-IRWIN or visit www.irwin.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/irwin-introduces-an-updated-line-of-one-handed-bar-clamps-and-a-new-line-of-clamping-accessories-to-allow-users-to-do-more-with-quick-grip-accessories-300354818.html