NEW YORK, May 24, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Gilad Erdan, a senior member of the Israeli Cabinet, will address the AJC Global Forum 2017 on the 50th anniversary of the Six-Day War. The AJC Global Forum is the advocacy organization's signature annual event, bringing together more than 2,500 participants from across the United States and 70 countries.
Erdan, Israeli Minister of Public Security and Strategic Affairs, will address the Global Forum soon after President Trump's visit to Israel, which further highlighted the longstanding, close relationship, based on shared democratic values, between the U.S. and Israel.
"We are honored that Minister Erdan, on this all important date in the history of Israel, will be with the AJC in Washington," said AJC CEO David Harris. "We look forward to hearing Minister Erdan's insightful perspectives on current and prospective strategic challenges facing Israel, including the fight against terror, and efforts to advance Arab-Israeli peace."
Other world leaders confirmed to date to address the AJC Global Forum include:
- Austrian Foreign Minister Sebastian Kurz
- Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, via video from Jerusalem, in conversation with five AJC young leaders
- Italian Foreign Minister Angelino Alfano
- Organization of American States (OAS) Secretary-General Luis Almagro
- Romanian President Klaus Iohannis
- Singaporean Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan
AJC, founded in 1906 and with headquarters in New York, maintains 22 regional offices across the United States; 10 overseas posts; and 34 international association agreements with Jewish communities.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/israeli-cabinet-minister-gilad-erdan-to-address-ajc-global-forum-2017-300463513.html
SOURCE American Jewish Committee