Issue Advocacy Firm Griffin Schein Rebrands and Expands as RALLY California-Based Agency's Growth Rooted in Building Results-Driven Campaigns that Galvanize the Public and Leave a Legacy of Change
LOS ANGELES, May 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Griffin Schein, a leading California-based issue advocacy firm working at the intersection of strategic communications and public policy, today announced it has launched a rebrand of its company, including a new name, visual identity, and the opening of a new office in the Bay Area. The rebrand of Griffin Schein into RALLY follows a period of expansion for the business, as the firm has continued to grow its clients, capabilities, and its dynamic team of experts across advocacy, philanthropy, politics and media.
On the heels of the firm's work on behalf of important causes, including the successful opposition to California's Proposition 8, the groundbreaking education equality lawsuit Vergara v. California, and the launch of The Shriver Report: A Woman's Nation Pushes Back from the Brink, among many others, RALLY stands as one of the most accomplished agencies of its kind based on the West Coast. The firm is led by President Felix Schein and Principals Lara Bergthold, Hillary Moglen and Leo Wallach.
"Our work is rooted in the creativity and innovation that has defined the Golden State from Hollywood Boulevard to Silicon Valley," said Felix Schein, RALLY managing partner. "We're very fortunate to collaborate with many forward-thinking and inspiring individuals and organizations to effect genuine change. As we begin this next stage as RALLY, our firm continues to be uniquely positioned to strategically align causes with the innovation and creativity of California's tech and entertainment communities to yield powerful results. We're really excited about our passionate team, our incredible clients and the new direction for our company."
The name RALLY captures the spirit and purpose of the work the firm has been able to do with the influential organizations and leaders it counts among its clients, namely bringing individuals and communities together around a common purpose, and working in concert to advance social causes and create positive lasting change.
RALLY has a long history of creating powerful movements and campaigns that galvanize public debate. The firm's clients are leading foundations, advocacy organizations, philanthropists, high-profile individuals, and commercial entities that strive to influence public policy, public discourse and public opinion. To that end, RALLY has collaborated with many inspiring partners to build advocacy organizations from the ground up; to develop messaging and execute communications campaigns of all stripes; and to help them develop events, social media strategies, and reach influencers of all stripes.
RALLY's work includes:
- Leading the communications effort with the American Foundation for Equal Rights to oppose California's Proposition 8, ultimately prevailing at the Supreme Court to overturn the ban on marriage equality in the state of California and driving a profound shift in public opinion around marriage equality;
- Coupling a robust communications campaign with impact litigation with Students Matter to improve California's K-12 education system through the groundbreaking education equality lawsuit, Vergara v. California;
- Working with Sandy Hook Promise and the Smart Tech Challenges Foundation to develop initiatives to help reduce gun violence;
- Building campaigns with The California Endowment to support the Affordable Care Act, improve school lunch programs, and help America's young men of color reach their full potential.
- Executing on a nation-wide campaign with Alicia Keys to help change the way women think and talk about HIV/AIDS in America;
- Raising public awareness and helping to drive the national conversation about fracking's role in our energy future with the Schmidt Family Foundation's 11th Hour Project; and
- Conceiving of and managing ballot measure campaigns that dramatically improve funding for early childhood education, expand stem cell research initiatives, and promote clean energy and environmental protections.
"At RALLY, building impactful issue campaigns is what we do, and we share the same dedication to innovation and social and political progress as our clients," said Lara Bergthold, RALLY Principal. "Regardless of the cause, one constant always remains: we approach each project with a mission-driven purpose and a passion that results in real transformation."
RALLY has been headed by Felix Schein since 2012, when founding partner Chad Griffin left the agency to lead the Human Rights Campaign, the largest LGBT advocacy group in the United States. Lara Bergthold joined the firm after Griffin left in 2012. Earlier this year, the firm recently expanded its leadership team with the addition of Hillary Moglen and Leo Wallach as Principals.
With offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco, the RALLY team approaches client work as a campaign, both in terms of pace and approach. The team's collective experiences span corporate communications, non-profit advocacy, political campaign management, cause marketing, and public relations.
To learn more about RALLY and the firm's work, visit www.wearerally.com.
RALLY is an issue advocacy firm with expertise in propelling causes forward. We collaborate with inspiring partners to create powerful movements that galvanize the public and leave a legacy of change. With offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco, RALLY works nationally, but embodies the creativity and innovation that has defined the Golden State from Hollywood to Silicon Valley. These attributes inform our attitude and approach and help shape the creativity we use to drive our causes forward.
To learn more, visit www.wearerally.com.