NEW YORK, Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ITG (NYSE: ITG), a leading independent execution and research broker, today announced the release of a survey of leading buyside energy investors. The survey was conducted at ITG's "Play by Play" Energy Analyst Day in New York on September 13th, which drew more than 200 participants including analysts and portfolio managers from over 100 leading institutional investment firms. The Analyst Day showcased comprehensive presentations by 12 Calgary-based energy analysts from ITG Investment Research, covering nearly every major energy play in North America as well as several international plays.
- Natural Gas Forecasts: 41% of buyside respondents expect Henry Hub natural gas prices of $3.50/MMbtu at the end of 2013, while 35% forecast $4.00/MMbtu.
- Long Term Natural Gas: 50% expect $4.00/MMbtu while 41% see $5.00/MMbtu.
- Long Term Oil: 50% expect $90/bbl WTI crude, while 33% expect $100+/bbl.
- Top North American Plays: Eagle Ford (24%), Permian (16%)
- Least Attractive North American Plays: Haynesville (32%), Barnett (12%).
- Top Investment Ideas: The survey also asked investors to highlight their top three long and short picks in the energy sector, as well as their views on the best and worst management teams in the industry.
The ITG Investment Research "Play by Play" Analyst Day showcased more than 600 slides of detailed analysis of resource plays across North America, produced by ITG's dedicated team of geologists, engineers and financial analysts. ITG Investment Research covers over 300 companies in more than 20 sectors, and was ranked second overall for analyst quality in Greenwich Associates' 2012 U.S. Equity Research Survey.
For a full copy of the survey results and more information about ITG Investment Research, please contact email@example.com or call the New York sales desk at 212-444-6100. For photos of the "Play by Play" Analyst Day visit http://www.itg.com/play-by-play/.
ITG is an independent execution and research broker that partners with global portfolio managers and traders to provide unique data-driven insights throughout the investment process. From investment decision through settlement, ITG helps clients understand market trends, improve performance, mitigate risk and navigate increasingly complex markets. ITG is headquartered in New York with offices in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit www.itg.com.