It's My Time to Ride! New Harley-Davidson Video Series Showcases Transformation of Four Women from Dreamers to Harley-Davidson Riders
MILWAUKEE, Sept. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- This week, Harley-Davidson launched a new video series, "My Time to Ride," which follows the emotional and empowering journey of four women as they break free from their daily routines and discover the freedom of the open road as new Harley-Davidson riders. The six-episode series, available at www.harley-davidson.com/mytime, follows the life-changing transformation that happens when women grab life by the handlebars and learn to ride a motorcycle.
The video series focuses on four charismatic and motivated women:
- Katie is a full-time executive, active volunteer, mother of three and a military wife. While she's regularly stressed by life's duties, she hopes riding will give her a sense of freedom and control. She wants to be the first woman to ride in the Patriot Guard bike escort that follows a fallen soldier returning home.
- Roshani has three small kids as well as classroom full of eighth-grade math students. She craves the escape that a Harley-Davidson motorcycle can provide and looks forward to surprising her students when she rides to school on her Harley.
- Gabriella, a self-proclaimed fashionista and motor head, is also a successful marketing executive. She looks forward to feeling stronger and sexier behind the handlebars of her own bike.
- Laurie is a fiercely independent artist who has faced a tough journey over the last two years, losing her two best friends as well as a lot of faith in life. She longs for a new adventure to awaken her soul and experience the camaraderie of the Harley-Davidson family.
"This series captures some amazing life transformations as these women find the liberation that can only be found on the road, from the seat of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle," said Claudia Garber, Director of Women's Outreach at Harley-Davidson. "Learning to ride a motorcycle is a powerful life-changing experience, and this comes through in these videos. We hope these four women will inspire other courageous women to take the first step toward learning to ride."
The women profiled in My Time to Ride won a nationwide contest that the Motor Company hosted over the summer. From a pool of more than 35,000 total entries who described why they wanted to learn to ride, four winners were chosen to travel to Milwaukee with a guest to take a Harley-Davidson Rider's Edge New Rider course and be mentored by current women riders, as well as Motor Company representatives. Each of the four winners also won a brand new 2012 Harley-Davidson motorcycle to personally customize using H-D1 Factory Customization.
In addition to the My Time to Ride series, www.harley-davidson.com/mytime features a variety of great resources to help women get started on their own journey toward riding, including:
- Road Map to Riding: Walks you through all the steps to get you in the seat of your own Harley-Davidson motorcycle
- Inspirational stories: Stories told by women riders will inspire you to take the first step toward your journey
- Garage Parties: Garage Party events are women-only social events hosted by participating Harley-Davidson dealerships after hours. They offer hands-on tips and seminars on key areas of motorcycling basics. Find a women's only Garage Party at a Harley-Davidson dealership near you.
About Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.
SOURCE Harley-Davidson Motor Company