It's Time to do PRO: Samsung GALAXY PRO Series Now Available in Canada
Samsung Canada brings extraordinary display, enhanced productivity and exclusive content to the Canadian market
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Feb. 12, 2014 /CNW/ - Samsung Canada, market leaders of innovation and progressive design in the mobile industry, today announced the Canadian availability of the Galaxy PRO Series, allowing Canadians to Play More, Do More and Share More. Rolling out to retail shelves at the end of February through to the end of March, the PRO Series offers a superior viewing experience and unmatched productivity tools that will make Canadians feel like a PRO in every situation. The GALAXY PRO Series includes the GALAXY NotePRO which comes with a 12.2-inch screen as well as the GALAXY TabPRO which comes with a 12.2-inch, 10.1-inch or 8.4-inch screen.
"The GALAXY PRO Series showcases Samsung's continued commiment to groundbreaking innovation and setting new benchmarks in the tablet industry," said Paul Brannen, Senior VP, Enterprise and Mobilie Solutions, Samsung Canada. "The GALAXY NotePRO and TabPRO offer top of the line productivity tools as well as the best viewing experience possible. This series is truly game changing and further establishes Samsung's leadership in the mobile space."
The GALAXY NotePRO 12.2 and GALAXY TabPRO 12.2 are the world's first tablets to employ a 12.2-inch WQXGA Widescreen (16:10) display, which offers more than 4-million pixels and a crystal clear resolution (2560X1600) for the ultimate Full HD viewing experience. Equally impressive, the GALAXY TabPRO 10.1 (2560X1600) and GALAXY TabPRO 8.4 (1600X2560) screen resolutions allow users to experience their favourite content like never before. Combining premium style with powerful performance, the new tablets are perfect for every type of user and integrate seamlessly with Samsung smartphones and UHD TVs to create an unparalleled second screen experience.
- With the GALAXY NotePRO's next-level S Pen, Samsung has made its signature feature even better. A modern evolution of classic note taking, the S Pen helps Canadians do and share more with the push of a button
- The Enhanced Multi Window feature available on all PRO Series devices gives users the power to boost productivity by simultaneously running four different apps for the NotePRO 12.2 and TabPRO 12.2 and two apps for the TabPRO 10.1 and 8.4 on the same screen without having to toggle between functions and apps
- Ideal for the on-the-go mom, the Scrapbook and Screen Write features on the GALAXY NotePRO let you instantly capture content wherever you are and add personal touches so you don't forget a single moment
- See more of the big picture with the GALAXY NotePRO and GALAXY TabPRO's WQXGA display, giving users plenty of space to work and incredible HD playback for all your favourite content
- A true workhorse, the GALAXY PRO Series features the largest battery of any tablet. The GALAXY NotePRO 12.2, GALAXY TabPRO 12.2 and GALAXY TabPRO 10.1's octa-core processor and the GALAXY TabPRO 8.4's quad-core processor keep all your apps running at peak performance
- Millennial consumers looking for a truly personal experience will appreciate the customizable Magazine UX, which combines your work, personal and social information in a highly visual, easy-to-use interface that is tailored to the user's individual needs
- Hancom Office, your on-the-go work suite, delivers the best in professional features by giving users the power to compose and edit documents, spreadsheets and presentations in 42 supported languages right from your tablet
- PRO Series users can now share more with Remote PC, which lets users find and transfer data remotely from their PC to their tablet whenever and wherever they need it. Similarly, Screen Mirroring makes it easy to display the tablet screen on a Samsung Smart TV through Wi-Fi Direct®and share content directly from the tablet onto the big screen
- Samsung KNOX separates the GALAXY PRO Series into personal and work containers, giving business professionals and IT managers peace of mind knowing that their data is always safe
Pricing and Availability:
The GALAXY PRO Series of devices will be rolling on to retail shelves in Canada from late February to the end of March through select Canadian retailers including: Costco, Best Buy, Future Shop, Staples, The Source, Target and Walmart. MSRP is as follows:
- Samsung GALAXY NotePRO 12.2-inch - $769.99
- Samsung GALAXY TabPRO 12.2-inch - $669.99
- Samsung GALAXY TabPRO 10.1-inch - $519.99
- Samsung GALAXY TabPRO 8.4-inch - $419.99
*Note: All GALAXY PRO Series models may not be available at all retailers.
Perfect for Every PRO, the Ultimate User Content Gift Package:
For additional value and productivity right out of the box, the Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO will feature premium pre-paid, long-term subscription offers from best-selling news, social media and cloud storage providers, including: Bitcasa, Bloomberg Businessweek+, Blurb, Cisco WebEx Meetings, Dropbox, Easilydo Pro for Tablet, Evernote, Hancom Office for Android, LinkedIn, LIVESPORT.TV, NY Times, Oxford Advanced Learner's A-Z, and Sketchbook Pro.
Exclusive to Canadian consumers, Samsung GALAXY Pro customers receive a special offer to access three months of Next Issue Canada, which offers readers easy, unlimited access to a catalogue of more than 125 popular Canadian and U.S. magazines, including Maclean's, FLARE, Vanity Fair, Vogue, Sports Illustrated and Chatelaine, plus their back issues, all in one app.
Designed to extend productivity even further, the following optional accessories are also available for purchase with the Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO: Various Book Covers, USB LAN HUB, Universal BT Keyboard and S Action Mouse (accessories may vary by product model).
About Samsung Electronics Canada
Samsung Electronics Canada offers a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics including televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. The Canadian arm, selected in 2013 as one of Strategy Magazine's Brands of the Year, upholds Samsung's global mission to open new possibilities for young minded consumers everywhere, providing users premium experiences that are unparalleled due to Samsung's innovative technology and stylish design. As a result, Samsung has become a true leader in the consumer electronics industry both in terms of business leadership and brand strength. In 2013, Samsung was ranked #8 in the Interbrand 100 Best Global Brands and was named as one of Marketing Magazine's 2012 Top 10 Marketers of the Year in Canada.
To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
SOURCE Samsung Electronics Canada
Image with caption: "The new Samsung GALAXY NotePRO gives Canadians the ability to Play More, Do More & Share More. (CNW Group/Samsung Electronics Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140212_C8803_PHOTO_EN_36609.jpg