It's Time To Spring Your Home Forward Lowe's offers a few simple ideas to help make the most of daylight-saving time
MOORESVILLE, N.C., March 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- It's hard to imagine that spring is just around the corner when parts of the country are still buried in snow and winter keeps on packing a frigid punch. This weekend marks the start of daylight-saving time, offering a welcome sign that spring is indeed calling while giving us all something to look forward to after a long, cold winter.
On March 9, set your clocks ahead one hour and prepare to savor more daylight in the evenings. Daylight-saving time is the perfect reminder to complete basic maintenance projects that have been forgotten or postponed, so as you circle your home resetting the clocks, take some extra time to complete the following tasks and projects that are sure to bring the feeling of spring a little closer.
- Switch Out Light Bulbs – Replace conventional bulbs with energy-efficient LED and CFL bulbs so you can start saving more energy and money. With the recent phase out of incandescent bulbs, energy-efficient halogen bulbs, a favorite among interior designers, have also emerged as a popular replacement option.
- Replace Batteries – Remove your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detector batteries and replace with fresh batteries. Consider testing your devices to ensure they are working appropriately.
- Change Air Filters – It's important to change air filters regularly to maximize the efficiency of your home's heater and air conditioner while ensuring the air you breathe is clean.
- Spring Clean – Use the extra hour to conduct a thorough cleaning of your home. Start by clearing the clutter and organizing your kitchen, closets and commonly used living spaces. Freshen your home by adding a purifying houseplant with a favorite spring blossom to complement your home's decor.
- Add Color – Let go of the blues and grays of winter and add a pop of color to your home in a fresh, airy paint color. Paint reigns as the #1 do-it-yourself project because of its ability to make an instant impact without breaking the budget. In just a few hours and with as little as $50, you can makeover the look of a room by adding an accent wall or reviving a dated piece of furniture.
For more information or to schedule an interview with a local expert, contact Lowe's public relations at 704.758.2917 or email@example.com.
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 100 home improvement company serving approximately 15 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2013 sales of $53.4 billion, Lowe's has more than 1,830 home improvement and hardware stores and 250,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
SOURCE Lowe’s Companies, Inc.