BEAUMONT, Texas, Nov. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Jason's Deli celebrates the 40th Anniversary of its founding in 1976 with a month-long celebration featuring special offers and events that culminate with a Customer Appreciation Day on Wednesday, November 30.
Experience the interactive Multimedia News Release here:
On this day only, guests at participating Jason's Deli restaurants who purchase any adult entrée can also get one 1976 menu item at its original price. The 1976 menu items include one of eight "European-style" sandwiches served with chips or baked chips. Prices range from $1.35 for a cheese sandwich to $1.95 for a Reuben sandwich.
Additionally, in honor of its 40-year partnership, Jason's Deli and Coca-Cola are offering a 24-ounce Limited Edition Celebration Cup for $3.99 that is good for 99-cent refills on fountain drinks and tea from now through November 30. Consumers also can participate in the Text to Win Daily Sweepstakes for a chance to win instant prizes, including a $5 Jason's Deli Gift Card or Limited Edition Vintage Anniversary T-shirt. Participants will be automatically entered for a chance to win the grand prize of a Coca-Cola Classic Cooler. Prize winners will be announced via email, mail or phone.
Coinciding with Customer Appreciation Day, Jason's Deli will hold a 40th Anniversary Party featuring Founder Joe Tortorice Jr. at the original location in the Gateway Shopping Center in Beaumont, Texas. The event is open to the public.
"We are proud of our legacy of seeing our guests and employees as extensions of our family," said Tortorice. "A key factor to our success has been our unwavering commitment to serving the same high-quality meals in our delis as we do in our homes, with ingredients you can pronounce and feel good about eating. We look forward to many more years of providing bigger choices of better food for generations to come."
Jason's Deli has come a long way since its humble roots, born out of a single deli that now has grown to 260 locations across 28 states. Other notable milestones include:
- The signature sandwich, the New Orleans Muffaletta, made its debut on the menu in 1978.
- In 1980, the famous salad bar was created and a partnership with the Heart institute of St. Elizabeth Hospital was established to develop heart-healthy menu items.
- In 2005, all partially hydrogenated oils – source of artificial trans fats – were eliminated and vegetarian items were highlighted on the menu for the first time.
- In 2006, Jason's Deli was the first major restaurant chain to indicate all USDA-certified organic ingredients on their menu.
- Artificial MSG and high-fructose corn syrup were eliminated from all food items in 2008.
- In 2010, all dyes were banned, starting with the Kid's Menu. Gluten-sensitive and vegan menus were also introduced.
- A Meatless Eats section was added to the menu in 2013.
- In 2014, Jason's Deli was the first major restaurant chain to offer a gluten-free chicken nugget, J.D. Nuggetz, which has a cornmeal coating instead of flour. The chicken is also free of antibiotics.
- The first menu item developed with MD Anderson Cancer Center nutritionists was in 2014. Since then Jason's Deli has helped raise $668,000 for cancer research.
ABOUT JASON'S DELI
A family-owned deli restaurant chain, Jason's Deli was founded in Beaumont, Texas, in 1976 by Joe Tortorice Jr. and now has 260+ locations in 28 states. In 2005, Jason's Deli was the first major restaurant concept to ban artificial trans fats in the U.S. and later became the first to eliminate high-fructose corn syrup. Since then the chain also has removed dyes, artificial flavors and artificial MSG from its food. Jason's Deli restaurants offer a variety of menu items to accommodate many dietary needs. The menu features gluten-sensitive items, vegetarian and vegan options, healthy kids' meals, and the chain's famous salad bar with more than 50 ingredients. In 2016, Jason's Deli was No. 2 on QSR Magazine's ranking of the most profitable restaurant chains in the U.S. For more information, please visit www.jasonsdeli.com.
Kelly Campbell for Jason's Deli, 214-403-8472, email@example.com
Robb Yagmin for Jason's Deli, 913-908-0028, firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/jasons-deli-revives-1976-menu-items-with-original-prices-for-40th-anniversary-300354782.html
SOURCE Jason's Deli