Jeep® Blazes New Trails and Adds Even More Adventure with TripCast™ Free iPhone App
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., July 12 /PRNewswire/ --
- TripCast™ application allows Jeep® fans and everyone with a sense of adventure to plan their next journey and share with friends in real time via the Web (www.jeeptripcast.com) and mobile interfaces
- "Points of Adventure" feature offers Jeep-centric locations and points of interest with a database of more than 250,000 outdoor recreation spots in the United States
- New app allows Jeep to connect with consumers and convey Jeep lifestyle in a unique manner
- Users can post photos, videos, audio clips and status updates creating an electronic scrapbook link that can be shared with friends and uploaded to Facebook and Twitter
- Consumers can save and view trips – theirs and their friends' – in real time or later, on the Web or on an iPhone
The Jeep® brand today announced the launch of TripCast,™ an easy-to-use, free, iPhone app and Web site that enables consumers to plan a trip, share an electronic scrapbook of the adventure and upload photos, video, audio clips and status updates to Facebook and Twitter.
The application allows family and friends to follow a traveler's trip in real time via the Web or an iPhone. Also included in the application is a "Points of Adventure" function which offers those looking for their next adventure more than 250,000 outdoor recreation spots in the United States.
"TripCast enables everyone with a sense of adventure to plan a trip, share it with friends as their journey unfolds, and find new spots to explore," said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "This new app is perfect for Jeep fans, and anyone who enjoys getting out, having fun, and sharing that fun with friends. It also provides us with a unique way to connect with a wide array of consumers, exposing them to the unique Jeep lifestyle along the way."
TripCast is free to consumers and is compatible with 3G, 3GS and 4G iPhones. Family and friends are able to follow traveler's trips and download the app via jeeptripcast.com.
Key features of the TripCast app include:
- Web and mobile interface
- Track your Path – Enables the user to track their path in real time
- Share with Friends – Determine what and how much of a trip to share via the Public, Invite and Private settings
- The Public setting shares information with everyone; Invite allows the user to invite friends to follow the trip and the Private setting allows only the user to view the information
- TripCast also notifies users when a friend is in the area and can coordinate a chat
- Post your Finds – Photos, video, audio and text can be posted and shared with friends and all content can be viewed "on location" on a map in real-time
- Trip is downloadable via Google Earth as well
- Points of Adventure – Discover new spots with more than 250,000 outdoor recreation locations by category including parks, bike paths, camping, ski resorts and more
- Create playlists and listen to music while using the app
- Create a personal user profile and customizable Jeep avatar
- Save and view personal or friends' trips, in real time or for later, on the Web and iPhone
TripCast can be downloaded free beginning today from the TripCast Web site, www.jeeptripcast.com or from the iTunes App Store using "Jeep" or "Trip" as search words.
Built on nearly 70 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV with class-leading capability, craftsmanship and versatility for people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a full line of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence.
The Jeep vehicle lineup includes Commander, Compass, Grand Cherokee, Liberty, Patriot, Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited. To meet consumer demand around the world, all seven Jeep models are sold outside North America and all are available in right-hand drive versions and with gasoline and diesel powertrain options. Chrysler Group LLC sells and services vehicles in approximately 120 countries around the world.
Tocquigny is a leading interactive marketing agency whose end-to-end offerings solve business challenges of every complexity. Tocquigny's proven methodology guides its marketing practices and provides clients with clarity, confidence, and precision. Tocquigny has been named the "No. 2 Interactive Agency in the Nation" by BtoB magazine and a "Top 20 Interactive Agency" by Adweek. To learn more, visit Tocquigny.com.
Follow Chrysler news and video on:
Chrysler Connect blog: http://blog.chryslergroupllc.com
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC
More by this Source
Mopar Provides Plenty of Last-Minute Holiday Gift Ideas
Dec 19, 2013, 09:34 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.