Jeep(R) Named Top Domestic Brand in Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com(R) 2010 Residual Value Study
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Dec. 4 /PRNewswire/ --
- Jeep® brand boasts highest resale value among all domestic brands
- Jeep brand resale value improves for 2010 as industry average declines
- Jeep vehicles projected to retain nearly 36 percent of original retail price after five years of ownership - more than 3 percent above industry average
- Jeep one of only two brands in top 10 with improved resale value for 2010
Buy Jeep®, and get value. Including resale value.
The iconic Jeep brand ranks as the top domestic brand in Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com® 2010 Residual Value Study.
According to the annual resale value analysis, new 2010 Jeep brand vehicles will maintain 35.7 percent of their original value after five years of ownership - more than 3 percent above the industry average.
"This achievement is a testament to the strength and heritage of the Jeep brand," said James Bell, Executive Market Analyst - Kelley Blue Book. "The word 'Jeep' has long stood for strength, portraying the vision of what a Jeep is, and what it can do. The Wrangler has, and continues to be the backbone of this marque, drawing a strong and loyal following, helping to maintain its value."
While eight of the brands in the study's top 10 declined versus their 2009 values - with the industry average declining 1.6 percent - the Jeep brand's resale value improved 2.8 percent for 2010.
"We are pleased that the Jeep brand has been recognized by Kelley Blue Book for earning the highest resale value among domestic brands, and that Jeep has improved significantly in a difficult year that has seen the industry decline," said Mike Manley, President and CEO - Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "The Jeep brand's high resale value is a testament to a legendary, iconic brand that provides consumers an array of SUVs that deliver a unique blend of freedom and adventure, capability, best-in-class claims and value."
Jeep vehicles have always been right-sized, never wasteful and deeply respectful of the environment - traits important to all Jeep owners who share a passion for adventure, fun and freedom in whatever they do. The brand's legendary Go Anywhere, Do Anything(TM) heritage is maintained in the widest range of sport-utility vehicles (SUVs) under one brand.
- Jeep Compass is a compact SUV with a modern, urban design that delivers fun, freedom, utility, best-in-class fuel economy of 29 miles per gallon (mpg) and Jeep 4x4 capability at a terrific value
- Jeep Patriot is designed to reach younger buyers wanting the credibility, capability and cachet of the Jeep brand at an affordable price with class-leading fuel economy of 29 mpg. Patriot was recently named an Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) "Top Safety Pick," and earned the Texas Auto Writers Association's "Compact SUV of Texas" award
- Jeep Liberty offers legendary Trail Rated® Jeep 4x4 capability combined with a new level of on-road refinement and innovative features, including an industry-exclusive Sky Slider full-length open-canvas roof
- Jeep Wrangler, the brand icon, remains true to its heritage as the original, extreme fun-and-freedom machine
- Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is the only four-door convertible SUV on the market with room for five adult passengers
- Jeep Grand Cherokee, the vehicle that revolutionized the SUV market when it was introduced in 1992, continues as the luxury flagship of the brand with its on-road refinement and off-road capability
- Jeep Commander, with seating for seven, delivers a best-in-class off-road driving experience with superior on-road ride and handling
About the Jeep brand
Built on nearly 70 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV with class-leading capability, craftsmanship and versatility for people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a full-line of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence.
To meet consumer demand around the world, all seven Jeep models are sold outside North America - and all are available in right-hand drive versions and with gasoline and diesel powertrain options. Chrysler Group LLC sells and services vehicles in approximately 120 countries around the world.
About Kelley Blue Book (www.kbb.com)
Since 1926, Kelley Blue Book, The Trusted Resource®, has provided vehicle buyers and sellers with the new and used vehicle information they need to accomplish their goals with confidence. The company's top-rated Web site, www.kbb.com, provides the most up-to-date pricing and values, including the New Car Blue Book® Value, which reveals what people actually are paying for new cars. The company also reports vehicle pricing and values via products and services, including software products and the famous Blue Book® Official Guide. According to the C.A. Walker Research Solutions, Inc. - 2009 Spring Automotive Web Site Usefulness Study, kbb.com is the most useful automotive information Web site among new and used vehicle shoppers, and half of online vehicle shoppers visit kbb.com. Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com also is a W3 Gold Award winner, sanctioned by the International Academy of Visual Arts. Kbb.com is a leading provider of new car prices, car reviews and news, used car Blue Book Values, auto classifieds and car dealer locations. No other medium reaches more in-market vehicle shoppers than kbb.com.
For more information about Kelley Blue Book's residual value analysis, please visit www.kbb.com/media.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC