WASHINGTON, April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In courts, BP is fighting for its corporate life.
If things go badly for BP in the U.S. federal justice system, the company could be forced to pay $17.5 billion for violation of the U.S. Clean Water Act and an additional $34 billion to Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida, all of whom are suing BP. Ten Gulf Coast cities joined the suits just last week. Thousands of Gulf Coast individuals, businesses and governmental entities also are among the plaintiffs.
To read the rest of EIN News' syndicated columnist Joe Rothstein's commentary go to:
- BP on Trial; The Sentence Could Be Death As a Major Energy Player - http://uspolitics.einnews.com/column/148497004/bp-on-trial-the-sentence-could-be-death-as-a-major-energy-player
About the publisher of US Politics Today, EIN News (http://www.einnews.com/)
EIN News has developed one of the world's leading real time news indexing services. Its systems continuously scan the web, indexing news from thousands of worldwide sources. The data is then filtered according to specific needs, and the processes are supervised by a team of professional news editors.
The company's services include:
- EIN Presswire (http://www.einpresswire.com), a press release distribution service that reaches nearly 10 million people each year. Its archive contains over 200,000 press releases posted in the last 365 days.
- EIN World Conference Directory (http://events.einnews.com), a platform to list your business conference or other trade event online for free. The event listings are included in one of the world's largest news indexes.
- Newsfeed Maker (www.newsfeedmaker.com), a syndication service that searches thousands of online sources and delivers results directly to the websites of its members. Users can manage up to 10 news feeds from one central location, its various formats make it accessible for every website or blog.
- EIN Inbox Robot (www.inboxrobot.com), a newsletter service that searches thousands of online sources and delivers results directly to the email inbox of a user or a group of users.
SOURCE EIN News