SUNNYVALE, Calif., Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Kaleidescape, Inc., today announced that the Kaleidescape Store, the world's first online store that enables consumers to download movies with video and audio quality equal to Blu-ray Disc and DVD, is now available in Canada. The new service was launched in the U.S. in December 2012, and in the U.K. in May 2013, and is initially backed by a multiyear license agreement with Warner Bros. Digital Distribution. The service is also the first to enable the electronic delivery of special features and bonus content of films.
Kaleidescape users in Canada will now be able to purchase and download movies directly to their systems from the online Kaleidescape Store. These users will find it easier than ever to experience the highest-quality content in their home—with just a click of a button. The service includes many features:
- Pristine video with resolution up to 1080p/24, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio lossless soundtracks, and bit rates matching physical media
- Easy upgrades of Blu-ray discs to digital downloads for only $1.99—for a disc-free movie-watching experience
- Upgrades of DVDs to Blu-ray quality digital downloads for only $6.99—better quality now at a fraction of the cost of buying new
- Automatic inclusion of UltraViolet rights (where available) for viewing on TVs, PCs, or mobile devices
- Bonus features such as director's commentary, alternate endings, deleted scenes, and documentaries
- Indication of titles already owned—whether Blu-ray disc, DVD, or title purchased from the Kaleidescape Store—while shopping
- Easy purchase of an entire collection (minus any titles already owned) with the unique Buy All button—for example, the Academy Award Nominees: Best Picture collection
- Rotten Tomatoes™ movie ratings and reviews while shopping
Warner Bros. Digital Distribution is the first to license content for sale in Canada through the new Kaleidescape Store, offering close to 2,000 movies and television shows. And by providing UltraViolet enabled titles, Kaleidescape makes sure its users can enjoy their movies on any mobile device.
"The Kaleidescape Store lives up to the high standard of quality we have come to expect from Kaleidescape with the added convenience of digital delivery," said Igor Kivritsky, owner of Canadian-based HiFi Center. "This really is the best of both worlds. With just a click of a button, users can download movies in the highest audio and video quality available without compromising their viewing experience. Plus customers no longer need to keep track of titles already purchased, wait for discs to arrive, or spend time organizing the discs."
"We are excited to introduce the Kaleidescape Store to our Canadian customers," said Michael Malcolm, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Kaleidescape. "We are changing the way people experience movies at home. With the Kaleidescape Store, the transition from disc to digital can be achieved with no compromise in quality."
From the flagship Kaleidescape Premiere product line—which can serve movie collections of any size to a virtually unlimited number of rooms—to the recently launched Cinema One—a movie player designed for easy setup in any living room—Kaleidescape provides an unrivaled way to enjoy films, television shows, and music, by combining pristine picture quality with high-fidelity sound and the convenience of Internet downloads.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, Kaleidescape is pioneering the development of movie servers that redefine how movie lovers purchase, organize, and enjoy their movie collections. Featuring a breakthrough user interface that gives viewers unprecedented flexibility and control over the movies they watch, the Kaleidescape System makes it easy for customers to select and enjoy their DVD, Blu-ray, and downloaded movies from any location in the home. Kaleidescape products are available at www.kaleidescape.com, and through custom installation dealers and fine audio/video retailers around the world.
Kaleidescape and the Kaleidescape logo are trademarks of Kaleidescape, Inc., and are registered in the United States and certain other jurisdictions. Cinema and Premiere are trademarks of Kaleidescape, Inc. Other trademarks and trade names are owned by third parties and may be registered in some jurisdictions.
SOURCE Kaleidescape, Inc.