KBB.com Shatters Traffic Records With More Than 31 Million Visits in March 2014 Kelley Blue Book Trumps Previous Site Records for Visits from Both Web, Mobile Users
IRVINE, Calif., April 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- KBB.com, the award-winning website of Kelley Blue Book, the only vehicle valuation and information source trusted and relied upon by both consumers and the automotive industry, shattered previous company traffic records by experiencing more than 31 million visits in March 2014. For the first time in Kelley Blue Book's multi-decade history, upwards of 21 million monthly visits originated from KBB.com, and more than 9 million additional visits came from mobile platforms. The company's ongoing commitment to broadcast and digital media efforts helped contribute to the growing number of car shoppers visiting KBB.com.
"With nearly 90 years in the automotive space and no signs of slowing down, our increased KBB.com traffic proves that more people than ever before are relying upon The Trusted Resource® to help them in their car shopping endeavors," said Steve Lind, vice president of operations for Kelley Blue Book. "As we strive to build upon the information and helpful tools we offer on KBB.com, we are committed to providing vehicle buyers, sellers and partners with trusted insights and the means to accomplish their goals."
Engrained in the automotive industry, Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com provides the latest in new and used car valuation and shopping information. Free to car shoppers on both their computers and mobile platforms, some of KBB.com's helpful tools include:
- Kelley Blue Book® Price Advisor: The KBB.com Price Advisor features a new range-based pricing layout and highlights differentiating aspects of local dealerships, including consumer ratings and reviews, new-car specials and inventory.
- 5-Year Cost to Own: Kelley Blue Book's 5-Year Cost to Own information helps shoppers understand what a car will cost beyond its purchase price when they consider out-of-pocket expenses like fuel and insurance, plus the car's depreciation over time.
- Fair Purchase Price: Updated weekly, Kelley Blue Book® Fair Purchase Price shows shoppers what others have been paying for a new car. It is based on current market conditions like vehicle availability, local demand and seasonal buying trends.
- Expert Reviews & Ratings: KBB.com's expert editorial team drives, rates and reviews nearly every new vehicle on the market, including information like driving impressions, favorite features and pricing notes.
- Consumer Reviews & Ratings: Shoppers can make more informed buying decisions by exploring what long-term owners and drivers think about a specific model, including its overall rating.
For more information and news from Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com, visit www.kbb.com/media/, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kelleybluebook (or @kelleybluebook), like our page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kbb, and get updates on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+kbb.
About Kelley Blue Book (www.kbb.com)
Founded in 1926, Kelley Blue Book, The Trusted Resource®, is the only vehicle valuation and information source trusted and relied upon by both consumers and the automotive industry. Each week the company provides the most market-reflective values in the industry on its top-rated website KBB.com, including its famous Blue Book® Trade-In and Suggested Retail Values, and Fair Purchase Price, which reports what others are paying for new cars this week. The company also provides vehicle pricing and values through various products and services available to car dealers, auto manufacturers, finance and insurance companies, and governmental agencies. Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc. is a subsidiary of AutoTrader Group, which includes AutoTrader.com, vAuto, VinSolutions and HomeNet Automotive. AutoTrader Group is a majority-owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises.
SOURCE Kelley Blue Book