BATTLE CREEK, Mich., May 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- New from @Kelloggs_US: New Kellogg's Jif cereal and Rice Krispies® Multi-Grain Shapes
- @MorningStarFarms launches new veggie breakfast sandwiches with 10-15 grams of delicious protein
- Ready for a new treat? @Keebler debut S'more cookies or Simply Made Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies
Cereal and milk is America's number one breakfast combination and to give cereal lovers even more options, Kellogg's® is launching two new wholesome and delicious cereals made with whole grains.
New Kellogg's® Jif™ Peanut Butter cereal is made with real Jif® peanut butter. It has 100 calories and 8 grams of whole grains, along with 11 vitamins and minerals. New Rice Krispies® Multi-Grain Shapes cereal features fun graham-flavored shapes that are perfect for small hands, making them ideal for snacking or in a bowl with milk. This multi-grain cereal is made with rice and whole grain and is a good source of fiber, has 12 vitamins and minerals and 6 grams of sugar per serving.
"A serving of cereal with a cup of skim milk is a great way to help recharge your body, with protein to rebuild and grains for energy," said Michael Allen, president, Kellogg U.S. Morning Foods. "It's a smart way to start your day with a great breakfast."
Cereal also makes a great snack, and now enjoying a favorite cereal as an on-the-go snack is easier than ever. New Kellogg's On the Go Fun cereal pouches are a good-for-you snack option featuring family favorite cereals -- Froot Loops®, Krave® Chocolate, Apple Jacks® and Corn Pops® – in single-serving portable snack packages.
The new cereal products are just a few of the 34 new products from Kellogg brands that will arrive at grocery retailers over the next few weeks. In addition to cereals, Kellogg brands will debut cookies, crackers, salty snacks, frozen breakfast options and snack bars.
"New snack products from Kellogg brands range from cookies that will bring a smile to cookies lovers of all ages, to wholesome snacks and crackers for nearly every occasion," said Brian Huff, president, Kellogg U.S. Snacks. "They are from the brands that people love and were specifically created to meet their lifestyles and taste preferences."
- New Keebler® S'mores cookies deliver the taste and texture of the classic campfire favorite. They debut in two flavors: original and peanut butter.
- New Keebler Simply Made Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies are made with simple ingredients, including peanut butter, eggs, butter chocolate chips and sugar. With no artificial flavors or preservatives, they are the third Simply Made product from Keebler, joining chocolate chip cookies and butter cookies.
- Town House® Pretzel crackers are thin, crunchy, and available in two on-trend flavors: Parmesan Herb and Sea Salt. They are great tasting for casual snacking but also ideal for entertaining. Just open, pour and serve.
- Club® Cornbread Cracker Bites deliver a delicious cornbread experience, as well as the rich, buttery taste you expect from Club in a snackable cracker. They are available in homestyle and jalapeno varieties.
- Rice Krispies Crackle Snaps bring a fun, poppable new way to enjoy the classic Rice Krispies Treats®. They are bite-size bits with caramel or fudge drizzle in portable pouches for easy snacking in the car or on the run.
- Rice Krispies Treats Blasted bars feature a "blast" of delicious ingredients, including S'mores and Chocolatey chips. They are a smart snack with 90 calories per 22 g bar.
"New frozen food offerings from Kellogg brands are based on a keen understanding of what our consumers are looking for in a frozen breakfast option," said Andrew Loucks, president, Kellogg Frozen Food. "MorningStar Farms® is focused on providing great tasting, smart veggie options, and Eggo® is providing warm, delicious and convenient ways to start the day."
- MorningStar Farms veggie breakfast sandwiches are available in two varieties: Veggie Sausage, Egg & Cheese (220 calories and 15 grams of protein) and Veggie Scramble with Cheese (140 calories and 10 grams of protein). Each features thin English muffins made with whole grain and both are a smart way to start your day.
- Kellogg's Eggo Bites Chocolatey Chips pancakes are easy to eat and are a portable choice that can be eaten away from the table during the hectic morning breakfast rush. They come in a microwaveable pouch for easy preparation with no clean up, and they are packed with flavor so no syrup is needed.
- Kellogg's Eggo Thick & Fluffy Minis Chocolate Delight waffles offer a homemade waffle experience with delicious chocolate taste that is great for breakfast and snacking. They are made with real cocoa so they need no syrup and are the perfect size for little hands.
About Kellogg Company
At Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), we are driven to enrich and delight the world through foods and brands that matter. With 2013 sales of $14.8 billion and more than 1,600 foods, Kellogg is the world's leading cereal company; second largest producer of cookies, crackers and savory snacks; and a leading North American frozen foods company. Our brands – Kellogg's®, Keebler®, Special K®, Pringles®, Frosted Flakes®, Pop-Tarts®, Corn Flakes®, Rice Krispies®, Kashi®, Cheez-It®, Eggo®, Mini-Wheats® and more – nourish families so they can flourish and thrive. Through our Breakfasts for Better Days™ initiative, we're providing 1 billion servings of cereal and snacks – more than half of which are breakfasts – to children and families in need around the world by the end of 2016. To learn more about Kellogg, visit www.kelloggcompany.com or follow us on Twitter @KelloggCompany.
Jif is a trademark of The J.M. Smucker Company, used under license.
SOURCE Kellogg Company