KineticD Delivers Windows 8.1 Certified Open File Driver
Certification Provides SMBs, ISVs and Service Providers with Assurance of Compatibility when Backing Up Files Locally or in the Cloud
TORONTO, July 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- KineticD™, known for its cloud backup and data recovery services for small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs), today announced its Open File Driver (OFD) has passed Microsoft Certification for Windows "Blue" operating systems, demonstrating the company's commitment to providing customers, independent software vendors (ISVs) and service providers (SPs) with advanced caching methods to protect backups from corruption, while keeping relational file integrity intact for mission-critical data stored in databases and email servers while they are open or in use.
- Microsoft Compatibility: On the heels of Microsoft's recent announcement for its Windows 8.1 client and Windows Server 2012 R2, KineticD has passed compatibility tests and hardware certifications.
- Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS): VSS is a Windows service for capturing and creating snapshots called "shadow copies." VSS, which operates at the block level of the file system, provides a backup infrastructure for Microsoft operating systems.
- Backing up Non VSS-Aware Applications: Critical non-standard databases – such as Outlook and QuickBooks, accounting software and legacy applications and databases such as MS Access and MySQL – are not VSS-aware, the standard that allows files or databases to be backed up when in use. This lack of functionality leaves many IT managers and SMBs empty-handed in the event of a disaster or system failure.
- Peace of Mind: This certification provides SMBs, ISVs and SPs with the industry's first certified online backup service that backs up open or "in-use" files for legacy applications and non-Microsoft VSS-aware applications.
Jamie Brenzel, CEO, KineticD, said:
"Passing Windows certification tests further extends our commitment to providing our customers with the best solution for protecting critical data. By keeping in lockstep with Microsoft through certification, our customers are assured that KineticD products provide them with the confidence of knowing that the software won't conflict with Windows or other low-level drivers, such as antivirus programs and software firewalls."
Social Media Destinations:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/KineticD
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/KineticD
- Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/company/KineticD
KineticD™, an early pioneer of cloud backup technology, has set a new industry standard by providing small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) with the same level of security and protection that is available to large enterprises. KineticD's patented KineticCloud™ Backup technology, known for its scalability, advanced data reduction capabilities and ease-of-use, has won prestigious industry awards and has been featured in many key industry publications. Founded in 2002, KineticD technologies and solutions are currently used daily by over 60,000 customers, 1,000 resellers, 100 MSPs and private label partners for online backup and recovery, archiving, disaster readiness, secure file sharing and remote access. For a free trial or to request more information, visit www.kineticd.com/
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
More by this Source
KineticD Expands Team to Drive Strategic Product Innovations in the Cloud Backup Market
Jun 26, 2013, 08:00 ET
KineticD Supports Data Privacy with Bank Grade Protection
Jul 30, 2013, 08:00 ET
KineticD Introduces MS SharePoint Backup Protection
Jun 25, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.