PITTSBURGH, Dec. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Klean Athlete, a line of science-based, NSF Certified for Sport® nutritional supplements designed to give athletes a safe, effective nutritional foundation to fuel training and fortify performance, launched Klean Creatine to help athletes increase body strength, build muscle mass and recover more quickly from demanding exercise.* This latest addition to the Klean Athlete product line furthers the company's commitment to creating safe and effective supplements.
"For sprinters, stop-and-go sports and weight training, creatine may increase the hustle on the track or field and the muscle in the gym," said Leslie Bonci, a registered dietitian and sports nutrition expert. "Klean Athlete NSF Certified for Sport Creatine takes the guesswork out and puts the guarantee in to ensure the quality, safety and efficacy of the supplement."*
The majority of sports injuries are the result of minor trauma to muscles, ligaments and/or tendons. Creatine may increase strength, fat-free mass and muscle morphology with concurrent heavy resistance training more than resistance training alone to help athletes develop strong, reliable musclesi,ii,iii. The NSF Certified for Sport seal also means increased safety and confidence for elite athletes. Each product undergoes a meticulous testing and verification process, through which every product lot is screened for more than 245 athletic-banned substances based on the WADA list that could potentially compromise an athlete's career. This guarantees that when athletes see Klean Athlete products, they know they are consuming safer nutritional supplements and competing with the highest level of integrity and responsibility as an athlete.
"The USA Water Polo National Teams have worked with Klean Athlete throughout the 2016 season to ensure our athletes have regular access to safe, NSF Certified for Sport nutritional supplements so they can consistently compete at their best," explains John Abdou, USA Water Polo's high performance director. "We look forward to introducing Klean Creatine for the 2017 season."
Klean Athlete also announced new product bundles tailored to the type, intensity, frequency and duration of athletic activity, making it easier than ever for athletes to optimize their nutritional protocol based on their targeted needs. New bundle offerings include:
- Starter Bundle — For individuals who engage in at least 30 minutes of both aerobic and resistance training, three or more days per week. Whether the goal is to improve one's physique or enhance one's competitive game with functional strength and stamina, this bundle will help athletes achieve their goals.*
- Foundation Bundle — For everyday use, to help athletes maintain optimal health and perform at their best. These are the basics.*
- The Strength & Conditioning I Bundle — For athletes who perform strength training two to four days per week at a moderate intensity.*
- Strength & Conditioning II Bundle — For highly committed elite or professional athletes looking to build strength, add lean muscle and improve explosive power for a particular sport or athletic discipline.*
- Endurance I Bundle — For participatory and recreational athletes who engage in consistent and repetitive aerobic exercise two to four days a week, for at least 20 to 60 minutes per session and at a moderate intensity (steady but not to the point of maximal effort).*
- Endurance II Bundle — For committed endurance athletes who regularly train five to seven days a week, at a moderate to high intensity, for at least one hour per training session, race or competition.*
Klean Athlete is a line of NSF Certified for Sport® nutritional supplements. In addition to being formulated without wheat or gluten, all products are free of artificial coloring, flavoring and sweeteners. The line was developed for athletes, by athletes, to provide a strong nutritional foundation to live healthy, train smart and compete at the highest level, and also integrates seamlessly into an athlete's daily regimen. Athletes, coaches and health care professionals know Klean Athlete products are safe sports supplements designed to help athletes reach optimal performance.*
For more information, visit: http://www.kleanathlete.com/products/supplements/klean-creatine.html
About Klean Athlete
The Klean Athlete® NSF Certified for Sport® supplements were designed to maintain the healthy lifestyle and promote peak performance of athletes, from the weekend warrior to the amateur and professional competitor.* Klean Athlete® is available through its exclusive network of accredited coaches, trainers and teams as well as at www.kleanathlete.com. Klean Athlete is an official partner of the Major League Baseball Players Association and the official nutritional supplement brand of USA Water Polo and Axeon Hagens Berman, the world's leading under 23 cycling development team.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
i Source: Becque MD1, Lochmann JD, Melrose DR. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000 Mar;32(3):654-8.
ii Source: Kreider RB. Mol Cell Biochem 2003, 244:89-94.
iii Source: Cooper R, Naclerio F, Allgrove J, Jimenez A. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2012; 9: 33.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/klean-athlete-launches-nsf-certified-for-sport-klean-creatine-and-targeted-product-bundles-to-help-fuel-athletic-training-and-recovery-300377295.html
SOURCE Klean Athlete