KOHLER, Wis., Aug. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The American Club resort continues to raise the bar by adding engaging and enriching culinary sessions to the lineup for its annual Kohler Food & Wine Experience, October 17-20. The four-day extravaganza of food, wine and fun celebrates its 13th year of congregating celebrity chefs, libations specialists, wine experts and epicurean enthusiasts from around the world for dynamic culinary seminars, tastings and signature festivities. Tickets go on sale August 1 and are available for purchase at www.KohlerFoodandWine.net or 1-866-243-8548.
This year's celebrated culinary experts headlining the Kohler Food & Wine Experience Main Stage offer in-depth expertise and talent. Celebrity Chefs debuting at the Kohler Food & Wine Experience include:
- Cat Cora – An American professional chef best known for her featured role as an Iron Chef on the Food Network television show Iron Chef America and as co-host of Around the World in 80 Plates on Bravo.
- Fabio Viviani – Owner and executive chef of Cafe Firenze in Ventura County, Calif., Firenze Osteria in North Hollywood, Calif., and Siena Tavern in Chicago, Ill., and was voted "Fan Favorite" in the fifth season of Top Chef on Bravo.
- The Beekman Boys – Winners of 'The Amazing Race' on CBS, Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Dr. Brent Ridge are the stars of The Fabulous Beekman Boys reality television show on The Cooking Channel, sharing their journey of transplanting from New York City to Beekman Farm in upstate New York.
Celebrity Chefs returning for an encore appearance include:
- Jacques & Claudine Pepin – World-renowned father-daughter chef duo and author of 28 bestselling books, contributing editor to Food & Wine Magazine and popular guest on Today Show and Good Morning America.
- Christopher Kimball – Host of the highest rated cooking show on public television, America's Test Kitchen, editor and publisher of Cook's Illustrated and Cook's Country Magazines, and a frequent guest on national television.
- Tony Mantuano – Author and chef/partner of Spiaggia, Bar Toma and Terzo Piano in Chicago, and Mangia Trattoria in Kenosha, Wis.
- Chef Bart Vandaele – Owner & executive chef at Belga Cafe in Washington D.C., contestant on Top Chef on Bravo and Stella Artois Ambassador.
- Stefano Viglietti – Owner of Sheboygan County's Trattoria Stefano, Il Ritrovo, Field to Fork and Duke of Devon.
Local and regional chef talents to grace the Midwest Chefs' Stage this year are Chicago's Michael Feker of Il Mito, John Coletta of Quartino and Jason Gorman of Terzo Piano, Milwaukee's Paul Funk of Hinterland, Madison's John Bauer of The Wise at Hotel Red, Dan Bonanno of A Pig in a Fur Coat, Tory Miller of L'Etoile, Sheboygan County's Lynn Chisholm of The Paddock Club and Gerald Feger of The Blind Horse. A variety of talented chefs including The American Club Executive Chef Rick Boyer from The Kitchens of Kohler restaurants will participate in select events, special restaurant menus and demonstrations throughout the weekend.
2013 Kohler Food & Wine Experience Highlights
Unique to Kohler, each Main Stage session provides ticketed guests with samples of the chef-presented recipes being prepared on the stage. The presenting chef and audience members alike appreciate this interactive platform that encourages conversation, feedback, commentary and questions. Additionally, guests have the opportunity for casual interactions with celebrity and regional presenters during book signings, wine dinners, celebrity chef luncheons and special evening events.
"Atypical of a food and wine event of this caliber, the culinary experience afforded by sharing recipe samples is immeasurable and creates an interactive format unlike any other," said Event Manager Tricia Rathermel. "Tasting the featured foods paired with chef-selected wine, beer or spirits keeps the demonstrations interesting from start to finish."
Year after year, the Kohler Food & Wine Experience takes celebrity cooking lessons to the next level. At the 2013 event, guests can take part in the new Knife Skills with America's Test Kitchen where the guests get their own practice area for a hands-on approach and learn a variety of knife skill lessons from holding, sharpening, cutting and slicing different items in the kitchen. For those more interested in libations, the Hendricks Mixing Demo is an exclusive opportunity with Hendricks Gin experts for guests to mix their own drinks and learn about the newest drink trends.
Never resting on its laurels, the event continues to offer new experiences alongside signature weekend favorites creating memorable experiences for all interests. Experiences new to this year's line-up include The American Test Kitchen Brunch, Surf and Turf: Innovative Seafood and Wine Pairings Seminar, Shake & Stir with Fabio Viviani and a design session entitled Outfitting Your Dream Kitchen with America's Test Kitchen. Time-honored happenings to savor are: Taste of the Vine, Feast of Talent, Champions Dinner and Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest Rockin' Brews.
Throughout the weekend guests can enjoy complimentary demonstrations and tastings at various locations throughout the resort. Gratis experiences are hosted at The Shops at Woodlake, Kohler Design Center, Woodlake Market, Gourmet Marketplace at The American Club and Stella Artois Best of Belgium Cafe pouring complimentary glasses from Stella Artois' Collection featuring the new Cidre.
Ticket Information & Hotel Packages
Kohler Food & Wine Experience tickets are available for purchase for individual events online at www.KohlerFoodandWine.net or by phone at 1-866-243-8548 starting August 1. Event prices start at $15. Many events and tastings are complimentary.
Hotel packages are available at The American Club Resort in Kohler, Wis. Three unique resort packages are available that include select ticketed events, two nights accommodation (Friday and Saturday), a 20% discount on Kohler Waters Spa, and special add-on rates for Thursday and Sunday evenings. Package prices start at $622 per person based on double occupancy.
About Kohler Co. Hospitality & Real Estate Group
The Kohler Co. Hospitality & Real Estate profile includes The American Club, boasting the first and only Forbes Five-Star hotel property in Wisconsin, and world-renowned championship golf courses Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run. Acquired in 2004, its sister property, The Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa in the birthplace of golf, St Andrews, Scotland, is a AA Five Red Star property and recognized as one of the most luxurious resorts in the world. The hotel stands astride the 17th hole of the Old Course and the North Sea. Just behind the 18th hole, Kohler Co. is renovating what will be known as Hamilton Grand, 26 of the world's most extraordinary apartments.
About The American Club resort
The American Club resort, a 2013 Forbes Five-Star Recipient and the Midwest's only AAA Five-Diamond resort-hotel was named #3 Golf Resort in North America, by Golf Digest Magazine. The resort is one of only 45 hotels in North America with both the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond distinction. Kohler Waters Spa in Kohler, Wisconsin is the first and only Forbes Five-Star spa in Wisconsin and one of 37 spas worldwide to hold this distinction. The resort features 12 dining establishments from the Forbes Four-Star Immigrant Restaurant to traditional pub fare at Horse & Plow and rustic Italian at Cucina. The resort is located in the Village of Kohler, Wisconsin, one hour north of Milwaukee and two and a half hours north of Chicago.
SOURCE Kohler Co.