Korean Startups Aim for Silicon Valley at TechCrunch Disrupt SF 2013 'App Korea' pavilion showcases Eight Startups in Cloud, Crowd, Travel, Translation and More
SEOUL, Korea, Sept. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Eight early-stage and emerging startups from Korea are crossing the Pacific as they aim for Silicon Valley and beyond, at the upcoming TechCrunch Disrupt San Francisco conference from September 9 through 11, 2013. As part of App Korea, the startups cover a variety of verticals including cloud services, translation, e-commerce, travel, photo curation, e-learning, social networking and even K-pop video streaming.
The eight App Korea startups represent a most promising outlook of the country's advances in IT and business. Korea is one of the most wired countries in the world, with smartphone penetration also highest at 73% of all mobile phone users, easily besting Australia's 66% and the U.S.'s 56.8% (eMarketer May 2013). Korea's overall startup scene nearly doubled to 28,193 in 2012 from just 15,401 in 2008 (Korean Venture Capital Association, 2012 Report), and App Korea shows off eight of them together at one place.
Sponsored by KOCCA (Korea Creative Content Agency), App Korea will be a chance for TechCrunch Disrupt attendees to get up close and personal with these eight startups through product demos and networking opportunities with key personnel. Some of the eight startups have already been accepted to international accelerators or received early investments. Having gained much attention and increased users at home, they are all actively working towards international growth and partnerships.
App Korea @ TechCrunch Disrupt SF (Sept 9 -11, Korean Pavilion in Startup Alley) - more information at http://fluidsurveys.com/s/appkorea2013/
Cubbying by Nalebe
- Collect 10 years of your life in under 10 minutes. One-touch social network aggregator.
- Winner of SuperApp Korea Grand Prize, Entrepreneur League Superstar-V Grand Prize
Flitto by Flitto
- Read anything by smashing language barriers with crowdsourced translations.
- Springboard(now TechStars) London 2012 Alumni, Winner of Superstar Mobile Startup Korea 2013
Levelpump by Twinword
- Level up your vocabulary! Collecting human thoughts patterns through word association tests.
- Utilizes proprietary 'Word Graph' natural language processing API, available to license.
Memoriant by Art and Technology Holdings
- Visual Memory Magic. Collect, discover, share your memories with smart tags.
- Finalist of Startup Battle Korea 2013, and K-Tech Global Korean Startup in SV 2012
My Image Test by LoginD
- What do friends think of you? Check your reputation with honest and fun answers.
- Utilizes survey and answer analysis systems designed by partner research firm.
Original K-POP Dance by Wazzle Entertainment
- Learn K-POP moves from the official choreographers. Your instant dance studio, anywhere.
- Streaming video lessons available on smartphones, apps, and web-connected TVs.
Travalloon by iPortfolio
- Crowdsourced, realtime travel help from local experts. A live travel guide in your phone.
- iPortfolio has partnered with Oxford university Press and numerous travel contents providers.
Visumé by Easyworks Universe
- Next-gen LinkedIn for creative artists, portfolios and recruiting.
- Qualcomm Ventures Qprize Korea Regional Winner, Winner of Super App Korea Bronze Prize
As a new name and focus for the Korean pavilion in TechCrunch Disrupt SF's Startup Alley, App Korea marks KOCCA's return to the conference as partner sponsor for a second year in a row.
App Korea and the eight startups will be present at Startup Alley in TechCrunch Disrupt SF 2013, from September 9 through 11.
More information on each App Korea startup, plus meeting requests are available at http://fluidsurveys.com/s/appkorea2013/.
About KOCCA and the Smart Content Center
Korea Creative Content Agency (KOCCA) is a government agency committed to fostering the growth of Korean creative content. Located in Anyang city just minutes from Seoul, KOCCA's Smart Content Center is especially focused in supporting early-stage, high-potential smart content-related companies in the fields of internet technology, development, animation, games and more by operating various business incubators, international events, IR, marketing, and production support programs. http://smartcontent.kr/eng/
Media Contact: Ernest Woo, App Korea, presented by KOCCA, 347-422-7655, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com