Lake Placid Activities Provide Thrills and Chills this Spring
Tobogganing, dog sledding and pond hockey provide more ways to play in the snow
LAKE PLACID, N.Y., Feb. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Spring in Lake Placid is full of excitement, romance and family fun. Snowfall in the springtime is not only common -- it's welcome at America's first winter resort! With or without snow, there's plenty to enjoy in early spring in Lake Placid, New York.
Visitors can enjoy family-friendly Lake Placid spring activities such as dog sledding, tobogganing and pond hockey. Frozen Mirror Lake in the village of Lake Placid is the home base for area spring activities.
Tobogganing down the Lake Placid toboggan chute onto frozen Mirror Lake is a thrilling ride for all ages. Experience an activity that has been a hallmark of Lake Placid family-fun since the 1960s. The 30-foot chute propels toboggans with as many as four riders up to 1,000 feet across the lake in just a few short seconds. Don't want to take the plunge? Half the fun is watching others go flying down the chute!
- Location: Next to the Post Office on the shore of Mirror Lake.
- Hours: Wednesdays: 7 to 9 p.m.; Fridays: Noon to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9:30p.m.; Saturdays: Noon to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9:30p.m.; Sundays: Noon to 3 p.m.
- Admission Price: $5 per Adult, $3 per child and a $5 toboggan rental fee for as many rides as can be accommodated during open times.
- For more information, contact the North Elba Park Office: (518)-523-2591.
- Check out this Lake Placid tobogganing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p1n-fvqGNM
Toboggan rides and hockey games are just two of the Lake Placid family activities found right on frozen Mirror Lake. Dog sledding provides another family-friendly option, right in the village. This unique experience allows you to see the village from a different perspective, as you are pulled by energetic sled dogs across Mirror Lake. Whether you're going with friends, family or for a romantic sled ride for two, a dog-sled ride in Lake Placid is an authentic Adirondack experience you won't soon forget.
Thunder Mountain Dog Sled Tours
- Location: Rides can be set up from the corner of Saranac Avenue and Main Street
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday through Monday
- Admission price: $10 per person for every 3/4-mile ride
- For more information, contact: (518) 891-6239.
Mike Arnold Dog Sled Rides at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort
- Location: 2559 Main Street
- For more information, contact: (518) 523-3353, email@example.com
The annual Lake Placid Loppet has been rescheduled, and will now be held on March 10 at the Cross-Country Ski Center at the Olympic Sports Complex. Come watch as athletes and outdoor enthusiasts display their technique and talent.
Invent your own perfect spring day with these activities and more — book a reservation to visit Lake Placid today!
About Lake Placid, NY
Lake Placid is a four-season destination, offering diverse experiences, outdoor adventures, unique events and an ever-changing backdrop to complement your favorite activities. Enjoy the natural beauty, and embrace the timeless atmosphere in the heart of the Adirondacks.
For more information, visit www.lakeplacid.com.
Lake Placid CVB
SOURCE Lake Placid CVB
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.