SHANGHAI, June 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Live from the N5 Stage at CES Asia, Last Gadget Standing, produced by Living in Digital Times, once again drew a standing room only crowd who voted using a polling system on WeChat to choose the product they felt was most likely to succeed in the marketplace and transform the industry. The competition, now in its 16th year, and its second in Shanghai, was once again a thrill from start to finish. Who walked away with a year of bragging rights? Halomini from Shadow Creator, maker of a pair of advanced augmented reality smart glasses with binocular displays, was the winner. The glasses are powered by gesture interaction, computer visual identification, holographic display technology and augmented reality technology.
A group of journalists served as early judges to narrow the field down from 50 entries to the final 10. The live audience, after viewing demonstrations from all of the contestants, voted to select the winner. The winner receives a trophy and a badge to place on their website. Previous U.S. winners include Linksys Velop Wi-Fi mesh router and the Matrix PowerWatch, which is powered by human motion.
"The level of innovation coming out of CES Asia is terrifically exciting," said Robin Raskin, founder and president of Living in Digital Times. "The competitive spirit has always fueled great invention, and every year The Last Gadget Standing provides an entertaining way to look at the range of new developments in the tech arena."
Last Gadget Standing Shanghai 2017 Finalists
- EcoLife Healthy Breathing: an IoT device that monitors air pollution in your home
- Halomini from Shadow Creator: AR glasses with gesture control
- IMMOTOR GO: a stylish scooter that can fold to be carried, has removable batteries and can follow you around
- Snore Circle: A device with advanced bone conduction and sound recognition technologies to help reduce snoring
- igloohome Smart Lock Deadbolt 02: A smart door lock
- vHeart Physiological Signal Detection Smart Watch: Monitors real-time heart rate, overall health, blood flow velocity, heart health, fatigue and pressure
- HUDWAY Glass: A phone mount for your car that projects your phone's display onto your windshield
- Scenes Lifelike VR Recording Earphones: Records sound in 3D space
- WAXI Intelligent Visual Toothbrush: Takes video images of your mouth as you brush
- Dream Glass: An AR headset that attaches to your phone for AR on the go
Follow Last Gadget Standing on Twitter @GadgetLast, and use the hashtag #LastGadget.
About Living in Digital Times
Founded by veteran technology journalist Robin Raskin, Living in Digital Times brings together the most knowledgeable leaders and the latest innovations impacting both technology and lifestyle. It helps companies identify and act on emerging trends, create compelling company narratives, and do better business through strong network connections. Living in Digital Times produces technology conferences, exhibits and events at CES and other locations throughout the year by lifestyle verticals. Core brands include Digital Health Summit, Digital Money Forum, FitnessTech, Baby Tech, Kids@Play, Family Tech Summit, TransformingEDU, FamilyTech TV, Beauty Tech, Wearables and FashionWare runway show, Mobile Apps Showdown, Last Gadget Standing, Robots on the Runway and the KAPi Awards. The company also works with various foundations and manages the Appreneur Scholar awards program for budding mobile entrepreneurs, as well as the 10 Under 20: Young Innovators to Watch awards recognizing student STEAM innovations in New York City. For more information, visit www.LivinginDigitalTimes.com and keep up with our latest news on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.
LKPR, Inc. for Digital Health Summer Summit
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/last-gadget-standing-asia-votes-for-halomini-ar-display-300471268.html
SOURCE Living in Digital Times