NEW YORK, Sept. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Gaiam, Inc., the leading distributor of lifestyle media, announced today the release of Rodney Yee's Core Centered Yoga. In his latest DVD, Yee focuses on how accessing the core is the key to finding balance in the body, mind, and life.
As one of the most sought after Yogis, Yee continues to be a major force in broadening the consumer audience with the most authentic experience. In Core Centered Yoga, Yee teaches users to have a better appreciation and awareness of their body, using the concept of opposition to strengthen underutilized areas and balance out others that they use habitually, as well as increase strength, flexibility, and coordination. Yee demonstrates how making small adjustments to body placement and positioning during an individual's yoga practice, as well as performing opposing motions, can lead to a more balanced and centered body and mind.
"I am very excited for the release of Core Centered Yoga because it is a concept I have always been passionate about," says Yee. "It has been a great experience to once again work with Gaiam to create this DVD, which teaches how to be in sync with the core to build strength through fluid alignment and mindfulness."
"Once again, Yee takes yoga to a new level, delivering a practice that helps fine tune and balance the body in order for users to get the most out of their routine," says Bill Sondheim, president of Gaiam. "Set against the spectacular backdrop of the Hawaiian island of Molokai, Core Centered Yoga provides a serene yet powerful workout experience."
Core Centered Yoga features five different workouts, plus a downloadable meditation practice:
- Lower Balance (8 minutes) – Rodney explains how using opposing movement creates balance in the body and mind. By rotating the legs in opposite directions, the user will awaken muscles and create strength and balance in the lower body.
- Back Balance (7 minutes) – Uses the opposing actions of arching and rounding the back to find better balance and relieve back pain.
- Internal Balance (8 minutes) – Uses several different poses and twists to create a balanced feeling inside, which leads to feeling stronger and fit on the outside.
- Bending Balance (8 minutes) – Explains how to achieve better posture and body alignment by alternating between opening the chest and back.
- Restorative Balance (8 minutes) – Teaches the opposition of relaxing the body while keeping the mind alert.
- Bonus Downloadable: Life Balance Meditation (5 minutes) – Features the opposing forces of grounding and lifting to bring hectic lives into balance.
Rodney Yee's Core Centered Yoga has an approximate runtime of 50 minutes and a suggested retail price of $14.98. The DVD will be available beginning September 4, 2012 in stores nationwide and online at Amazon.com.
About Rodney Yee
Rodney Yee, based in New York City, is one of the most sought-after yoga instructors in the world. Rodney Yee's Yoga for Beginners ranks among the top ten best-selling fitness DVDs. For over 15 years, he has taught advanced yoga training courses across the country. Yee is a former gymnast and ballet dancer with the Oakland Ballet Company and the Matsuyama Ballet Company and studied philosophy and physical therapy at the University of California Davis and Berkeley. Yee has appeared on Oprah, the PBS special "The Practical Power of Yoga," and contributes to a variety of yoga and healthy lifestyle publications including Yoga Journal, Self, Shape, and Fitness.
Gaiam, Inc. (Nasdaq: GAIA) is a leading producer and marketer of lifestyle media and fitness accessories. With a wide distribution network that consists of 62,000 retail doors, 14,400 store within stores, 5,600 media category management locations, a digital distribution platform and more than 10 million direct customers, Gaiam is dedicated to providing solutions for healthy and eco-conscious living. The company dominates the health and wellness category and releases non-theatrical programming focused on family entertainment and conscious media. In addition, Gaiam has an exclusive licensing agreement with Discovery Communications and other licensing partners. For more information about Gaiam, please visit www.gaiam.com or call 1.800.869.3603.
Media Contact: Lauren Aboulessan Krupp Kommunications (212) 886-6710 LAboulessan@kruppnyc.com
SOURCE Gaiam, Inc.