SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Leanplum, the leader in mobile marketing, today announced its predictions for 2017 top trends that will drive the future of marketing in an increasingly mobile-first world, including insights from Leanplum customers Tinder and Wego.com, as well as industry analyst Forrester. Leanplum also announced a series of milestones and key data findings it uncovered in 2016, which further inform the direction of the mobile market.
Leanplum's mobile marketing platform is now installed in one in two smartphones worldwide, and tracks 10 billion daily user actions. The company has tripled its revenue each year for the past two years and expects to triple its revenue again this year. In 2016, Leanplum's platform will have sent more than 33 billion push notifications.
Based on its internal data analytics, proprietary research, and conversations with influential leaders in mobile marketing, Leanplum forecasts that 2017 will be the year of the smart app and predicts the following top three trends:
1. 2017 will highlight the power of predictive analytics. Smart apps will proactively anticipate user desires to satisfy in the moment. Predictive analytics won't just be an add-on for brands; it will become a must-have to understand and retain users. "At Tinder, capturing rich data and predicting future behavior is essential to a good user experience. Leanplum empowers us to innately understand user preferences and serve up successful matches. In the near future, predictive analytics will further improve our understanding of trends and patterns, to help us bring more value to every person on Tinder."
- Jeffrey Morris, Director of Product Management and Revenue at Tinder
2. 2017 will give rise to more chatbot technology and conversational interfaces integrated into smart apps. More brands will develop the capabilities to deliver customer service, such as predicting bank balances, personalized mobile shopping, and more via artificial intelligence-powered conversations. "As smartphone communication shifts from voice to text and images, consumers are adopting messaging at an unprecedented pace … Successful chatbots depend on core technology such as natural language processing, artificial intelligence, and machine learning — aided by thousands of iterations to drive learning."
- Forrester, "The State of Chatbots," October 2016
3. 2017 will see mass adoption of intelligent marketing automation to scale smart apps. Mobile teams will invest heavily in automation campaigns that contain personalized parameters to move users towards conversions, save acquisition costs and drive more ROI on every new user. "Mobile marketing in 2017 will further strengthen the need for user retention over acquisition. Rich data will empower mobile teams to automate personalized travel experiences that draw from travel history, price trends, seasonality, and more. Imagine a smarter travel app sending you an offer to book your holiday trip, and featuring options for your favorite airline, flight times you often choose, a hotel where you have a loyalty account, a car rental for your preferred model, and reservations for a hot new restaurant. Mobile teams will be required to innovate and significantly improve the app experience, using automated campaigns that intelligently engage their users throughout their lifecycle."
- Honey Mittal, Senior Vice President of Product at Wego.com
The last year has yielded an explosion of data captured on devices worldwide, with more smartphone owners and more apps downloads than ever before.
"The capture of rich data is ushering a new breed of smart apps that anticipate user needs and deliver value in the moment," said Momchil Kyurkchiev, Leanplum CEO and co-founder. "These smart apps fuel hyper-personalized experiences, already felt via innovations in predictive analytics, c3hatbots, and marketing automation. We look forward to seeing the era of smart apps become the norm, as brands automate one-on-one personalization at scale for every user."
Download the infographic on Leanplum's 2017 mobile predictions here: www.leanplum.com/resources/library/mobile-predictions-2017.
Leanplum is building the marketing cloud for the mobile era. Its integrated platform delivers meaningful user engagement across both messaging and the in-app experience. Leanplum offers Messaging, Automation, App Editing, Personalization, A/B Testing, and Analytics — all in a single solution.
Top brands such as Lyft, Tesco, and Tinder trust Leanplum to create impactful relationships with their mobile users. Leanplum was founded in 2012 by former Google engineers with years of experience in optimization and has received over $46MM in funding from top-tier VCs like Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins, and Shasta Ventures. Discover more at www.leanplum.com.
Media Contact for Leanplum:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/leanplum-announces-top-2017-trends-and-key-data-findings-in-mobile-marketing-monumental-company-growth-milestones-300375257.html