LAS VEGAS, April 5 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics MobileComm USA, Inc. (LG
Mobile Phones), a leading worldwide provider of advanced wireless handsets and
accessories announced today that its newest mobile phone, the DM-L200 is
designed as one of the launch handsets for the new Disney Mobile service.
The creative collaboration between LG and Disney Mobile brings to life the
DM-L200, an easy to use, sleek red clamshell phone with a 1.3 mega pixel
camera / camcorder with flash, 3D graphics support for games, multimedia
messaging, speakerphone and Bluetooth capabilities. Families can stay
connected and engaged with four hours of talk time.
"We are very excited to have the opportunity to collaborate with Disney
Mobile," said Juno Cho, president, LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. "LG
is the fastest growing cell phone brand in North America and prides itself on
developing innovative products to meet our customer's needs. Disney Mobile
provides us with an opportunity to provide a unique mobile communications and
entertainment experience and to promote the latest in LG technology in a
relevant way to consumers. It's a very memorable way for us introduce LG to
consumers and invite them to experience LG's latest in interactive and
"As the world's largest CDMA handset maker, LG has the experience and
expertise that we were looking for to help us develop the immersive and
user-friendly device to bring Disney Mobile to life for consumers," said
George Grobar, senior vice president and general manager, Disney Mobile.
Below please find a complete list of DM-L200 features:
- Technology CDMA
- Frequency 1.9 GHz CDMA PCS, 800 MHz CDMA/Analog (Tri-Mode)
- Data Transmission 1xRTT Voice & Data Capable
- Dimensions 3.60" (H) x 1.90" (W) x 0.90" (D)
- Weight 3.70 oz.
- Displays Internal LCD: 262K Color TFT, 128 x 160 Pixels, 11 Lines
- External LCD: 65K Color OLED, 96 x 64 Pixels, 4 Lines
- Standard Battery 1,100 mAh Li-Ion
- Talk Time Up to 4 Hours*
- Standby Time Up to 14 Days and 4.8 Hours*
- Bluetooth Capable (v1.1) -- compatible with devices that support the
headset and hands-free profiles
- Save up to 20 Bluetooth Pairings
- 1.3 Megapixel Camera/Camcorder with Flash
- Self-Portrait Capability with Flip Closed
- Camera Resolution: 1280x960 (default), 640x480, 320x240 Pixels
- Video Resolution: 176x144 Pixels
- Video Format: 3G2
- Digital Zoom: Up to 15 steps
- Self-Timer: 5 and 10 Seconds
- Customizable Shutter/Cue Sound, Brightness, White Balance, Color Tone,
- Personal Organizer: Calendar with Scheduler, Alarm Clock, Notepad
- Address Book with 500 Contacts -- each stores 4 numbers, 2 e-mail
addresses, and a picture ID**
- Tools: Calculator, World Clock, Ez Tip Calculator
- Speed Dial (98 entries + 1 voicemail default)
- Text Messaging (up to 160 characters)
- Multimedia messaging -- send and receive messages with text, sounds,
photos, and videos
- Mobile Web -- WAP 2.0 browser with image support+
- Java(TM) 2.0 Support for Application, Game, & Ringtone Downloads
- 3D Graphics Support for Gaming
- Full-Duplex Speakerphone
- Voice Dialing
- Voice Memo Recording -- up to 30 memos for up to 3 total minutes
- 72-Chord Polyphonic Ringtone Support
- Unique Ringtones + Vibrate & Silent Modes
- Set Voice Memos as Ringtones
- TTY/TDD Support
Hearing Aid Compatible (M3-Rating)
- English & Spanish Language Support
* Certain features may use more power and cause actual standby and talk
time to vary.
** Varies by image size. Default camera setting of 1280x960 pixels does
not support zoom function. Depends on unused memory.
+ Disney Mobile service required
Preliminary phone features and specifications are subject to change
without prior notice. Features based on carrier program availability.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc., (KSE: 06657.KS) is a global leader in consumer
electronics and mobile communications. The company has more than
72,000 employees working in 77 subsidiaries and marketing units around the
world. LG Electronics is the world's largest producer of CDMA mobile phones,
residential air conditioners, optical storage devices and home theater
systems. With total worldwide consolidated revenues of more than US$45
billion (2005), LG Electronics comprises four business units: Mobile
Communications, Digital Appliance, Digital Display and Digital Media. For
more information, please visit www.lge.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is one of the world's leading
manufacturers of UMTS (WCDMA), CDMA and GSM handsets, which have been designed
to improve the value of customer life. With a total range of wired and
wireless solutions, the company is rapidly establishing a global presence and
growing its international market share in 3G handsets.
For more information, please visit http://www.lgusa.com.
About Disney Mobile
Disney Mobile is the first national wireless phone service built to meet
the unique communication needs of today's family. Launching summer 2006,
Disney Mobile will provide wireless voice and data services and custom
handsets. In addition, Disney Mobile will offer a package of features and
applications tailored to meet the unique communication needs of families. The
Family Center(TM), a suite of four exclusive services, will enable parents to
directly manage their family's wireless experience, including controlling when
and how often kids use their phone; locating kids' handsets using GPS
technology; protecting their kids from unwanted calls and messages and sending
priority text messages to all Disney Mobile family plan members
simultaneously. Disney Mobile will offer an array of content that parents
trust and kids enjoy drawn from the rich entertainment heritage of Disney.
George Grobar is senior vice president and general manager of Disney
Mobile, a division of the Walt Disney Internet Group, which is headquartered
in North Hollywood.
SOURCE LG Electronics MobileComm USA, Inc.