DETROIT, June 29 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Children's Center of Wayne County (TCC) proudly hosted the Lisa V. Ford Heart & Soul Volunteer Award reception, honoring Lisa V. Ford for her civic and philanthropic humanitarianism.
In recognition of her generosity, Lisa was presented with the inaugural Heart and Soul Award on June 18, 2009, during a private reception. The Lisa V. Ford Heart and Soul Volunteer Award will be bestowed annually to notable TCC volunteers who demonstrate her same spirit of generosity and love of The Children's Center.
According to Debora Matthews, CEO of The Children's Center, "The spirit of generosity and love is the glue that holds The Children's Center together. And that spirit is embodied in Lisa V. Ford. We are honored to recognize Lisa and her generous spirit, which has made a profound and lasting difference for The Children's Center and the children we serve. Lisa has displayed true altruism through her generous gifts of time, advocacy and resources." Through her stewardship, she has been a champion for The Children's Center in a variety of ways such as:
- Member of Board of Directors.
- Developed and launched Detroit Uncorked Event benefiting The Children's Center.
- Extremely instrumental in engaging major donors with TCC, as well as bolstering a partnership with Tau Beta Organization from Grosse Pointe, who has selected The Children's Center as their charity of choice.
- Co-Chair with husband Bill Ford, AutoGlow for 9 years.
- Co-Chair with husband Bill Ford, "Touch the Heart of a Child" Capital Campaign to build the Paul Marsh Building. They also hosted the IMPACT at Ford Field Event, which is recognized as one of the highest yielding fundraisers in Michigan's history. Proceeds from the event supported the capital campaign exceed its goal by 2.2 million, raising a grand total of over 10 million dollars.
- Volunteering relentlessly for The Children's Center events, interviews, activities and committees to future the mission of Helping Children and Families Shape Their Own Futures.
- Pioneered Unity Challenge Grant for Power of Possibilities Breakfast, at $100,000, per year for 3 consecutive years.
Matthews also added, "Special recognition is also given Ford Motor Company for its sponsorship; demonstrating Ford Motor Company's commitment and dedication to volunteerism and support of The Children's Center's mission."
About The Children's Center
The Children's Center is one of the largest, most diverse and comprehensive frontline child-serving agencies in Michigan, providing over 25 programs addressing therapeutic & mental health needs of children, as well as foster care & adoptions. The Children's Center of Wayne County has been committed to meeting the needs and challenges of some of the most troubled children in the United States for the past 80 years. For more information, please visit The Children's Center web site at www.thechildrenscenter.com.
SOURCE The Children's Center of Wayne County