NEW YORK, Dec. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Organizations of every size have a responsibility to give back to the communities in which their businesses thrive, something which Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (www.us.logicalis.com), takes seriously all year long, but devotes particular attention to during the holiday season.
"At Logicalis, we believe in helping out the communities that welcome and support us around the globe," says Vince DeLuca, CEO, Logicalis US. "With over 4,000 employees around the world and an international presence, there's a lot of good that our people can do. Here in the United States, we work diligently to identify local needs where our time, resources and talents can best serve others and make a lasting impact. This holiday season, we'd like to challenge our business partners and our valued customers to do the same. Imagine what we can accomplish if we all work together."
- Tech Companies: Share the way your company is giving back on Logicalis' Facebook page.
Giving Back Changes Lives
Logicalis has undertaken numerous socially conscious endeavors throughout the world this holiday season; the following six are merely examples of the kinds of meaningful work the company's employees have done to give something back to the areas in which they live and work as well as to the larger global community as a whole. Clearly, their actions have changed lives. The question is, whose lives were impacted most ... those receiving the gifts or those doing the giving?
- Toys for Tots: During a local Salvation Army/Marine Corps Toys for Tots event, the Logicalis team from Bellevue, Washington, helped sort mounds of donated toys into age- and gender-appropriate groups destined to become the twinkle in the eye of underprivileged children throughout the Seattle area.
- Food for Thought: In Arizona, the hunger rate stands at nearly 18 percent, higher than the national average, a statistic that touched the hearts of the dedicated office staff in Logicalis' Tempe office. Together with associates from Cisco's SLED division, Logicalis team members helped St. Mary's Food Bank pack 20 pallets of food – nearly 200,000 meals – for distribution throughout the Tempe and Phoenix areas.
- Bicycles Galore: This year, Logicalis US acquired the Advanced Technology Integration Group of MCPc, a highly respected Midwest-focused solution provider. For several years, this Cleveland, Ohio-based team has regularly supported Toys for Tots and wanted to do so again this year, donating $1,000 to help a local partner purchase and assemble bicycles for Toys for Tots that will benefit children throughout a number of Ohio communities.
- International Relief: Itself a worldwide organization, Logicalis US wanted to give something back to the global community, donating $2,500 to Doctors without Borders, an international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency medical aid in over 60 countries.
- Technology Solutions: Just as business and IT leaders rely on Logicalis to help them make smart technology decisions, volunteer organizations around the world rely on TechSoup to help them gain access to the technology and information they need to effect change in their organizations and the populations they serve. As a leader in the IT space, Logicalis gladly donated $2,500 to help TechSoup put technology solutions in the hands of non-profits, foundations and libraries that need capacity-building resources around the globe.
- A Holiday Meal: For one in seven people in Northern Illinois, a special holiday meal is outside the budget – and sadly, out of reach. At Thanksgiving time, the Downers Grove Logicalis office decided to help make this holiday one to remember for thousands of families throughout a 13-county area. In cooperation with Northern Illinois Food Bank, the Logicalis team packaged 8.5 tons of potatoes and squash as part of a traditional holiday meal to be delivered to 14,000 local families.
Want to Learn More?
- Interested in donating time, money or resources to these organizations? Visit them here:
- What are Logicalis' vision, mission and values? Find out here: http://ow.ly/VVbTX.
- What sets Logicalis apart from other IT solutions and managed services providers? Our people, our partners, and our processes.
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and collaboration; data center and cloud services; and managed services.
Logicalis employs over 4,000 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, deploy and manage complex IT infrastructures to meet the needs of over 6,500 corporate and public sector customers. To achieve this, Logicalis maintains strong partnerships with technology leaders such as Cisco, HP, IBM, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware and ServiceNow on an international basis. It has specialized solutions for enterprise and medium-sized companies in vertical markets covering financial services, TMT (telecommunications, media and technology), education, healthcare, retail, government, manufacturing and professional services, helping customers benefit from cutting-edge technologies in a cost-effective way.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of over $1.5 billion from operations in Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific and is one of the leading IT and communications solution integrators specializing in the areas of advanced technologies and services.
The Logicalis Group is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg and London AIM Stock Exchanges, with revenues of over $6 billion.
For more information, visit www.us.logicalis.com.
Business and technology working as one
To learn more about Logicalis activities through a variety of social media outlets, click here.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/logicalis-us-challenges-tech-community-to-give-back-this-holiday-season-300195920.html
SOURCE Logicalis US