NEW YORK, Nov. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Lokai, a socially responsible brand that represents the importance of finding balance along life's journey, has launched the new Lokai Pact – created to inspire positive change this holiday season. Available starting today on Lokai.com, the Lokai Pact features the six limited-edition Lokai bracelets released this year in a sleek spherical black and white case – with $6 from each Pact's purchase going directly to charity.
"The Lokai Circle has had a huge impact this year, raising awareness and funds for more than six charities. We see the Pact as a way to encapsulate all that the Circle has done in 2016, and increase our impact for our charity partners." – Steven Izen, Lokai Founder & CEO
The Pact features Lokais that benefit the Alzheimer's Association, Make-A-Wish®, Discovery Channel's Shark Week and Oceana, charity: water, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and (RED). The 2016 Lokais that are featured in this year's Lokai Pact include:
- Purple Lokai: Committed to supporting the Alzheimer's Association's efforts to accelerate the global progress of new treatments, preventions and ultimately, a cure for Alzheimer's Disease. To date, the Lokai circle has funded 5 Alzheimer's research grants.
- Neon Lokai: Launched in partnership with Make-A-Wish® and Cam Newton to directly grant the wishes of dozens of children and their families across the country. So far, Lokai has granted 60 kid's wishes.
- Shark Lokai: The Shark Lokai joins forces with Discovery Channel's Shark Week and Oceana to restore balance to the world's oceans. Proceeds from the Shark Lokai have helped introduce the shark fin ban and save 4000 Dusky Sharks.
- Water Lokai: The Water Lokai is part of the second-annual partnership with charity: water to help bring clean water to communities in Ethiopia. So far this year, the Lokai Circle was able to fund 55 wells in Ethiopia.
- Breast Cancer Lokai: Launched in partnership with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) to support the mission of preventing and curing breast cancer. Proceeds from this Lokai support Dr. Heather McArthur's work on immunotherapy, harnessing the immune system to attack a cancer and prevent it from spreading.
- (RED) x Lokai: The Lokai Pact includes the brand new (RED) x Lokai, which will be available for solo purchase on November 15, 2016. Funds will help provide life-saving AIDS medication to communities in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Heading into 2017, the Lokai brand has made a pact to do even more for charitable causes. Supporters can share their personal Pact of how they will continue doing good in 2017 with #LokaiPact on Instagram and Twitter.
The limited-quantity Lokai Pact will be available on Lokai.com for $98.
Since the brand's launch in 2013, Lokai has raised over six million dollars for a variety of non-profit organizations worldwide. For additional information on Lokai's partnership throughout 2016, please visit Lokai's charity page.
Lokai is a socially responsible lifestyle brand that represents the importance of finding balance along life's journey. Cornell University Cum Laude Graduate, Steven Izen, founded the company in 2013, on the heels of a deeply emotional and transformative experience. Realizing that life is a cycle of highs and lows, he grew to appreciate the importance of remaining both humble and hopeful. The company infuses its trademark bracelets with elements sourced from the highest and lowest points on Earth – water from Mt. Everest and mud from the Dead Sea. The Lokai lifestyle is devoted to finding balance, sharing success during life's peaks and gaining perspective during lows. Lokai supports this message by donating 10% of their net profits to various charitable organizations. Since launching, Lokai is sold in over 160 countries. Please visit www.lokai.com for more information.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lokai-launches-limited-edition-lokai-pact-to-inspire-consumers-to-make-a-positive-impact-this-holiday-season-300354866.html