LOS ANGELES, Aug. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- KDAY 93.5 FM, Southern California's leading choice for original hip-hop and R&B, announced historic performance in the highly contested July 2016 summer book. KDAY achieved year-to-year growth in the key areas of AQH, cume, TSL and other vital indicators. "We are extremely proud of KDAY's results these last six months and in particular July," exclaimed Otto Padron, President of Meruelo Media. "Our continued commitment to the format and increased investments in research, programming, marketing and talent are delivering a winning performance in the highly competitive market of Los Angeles!"
LOS ANGELES METRO RADIO JULY 2016 PPM
KDAY FM L.A. PPM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Total weekly listeners (Cume) reached 1,188,600 – highest in 2 years (since May '14)
- KDAY's uptrend began at the beginning of the year. Since then the station has posted 6 consecutive PPM surveys with more than 1 million weekly cume!
- 26% audience increases! KDAY added 244,600 additional listeners since Jan. 2016
- 10% Cume climb compared with last month cume
- 15 minute TSL (Time Spent Listening) improvement per average listener vs. June 2016
- 15% total week and 13% M-F prime AQH (Avg Quarter Hour) growth compared with the previous month (6a-7p)
- At 15,200 KDAY's M-F prime AQH is the highest since May 2014
- All major dayparts posted double digit percentage increases with AQH month to month – particularly in prime demographics!
KDAY'S Monday – Sunday, 6am – 12 midnight
- Adults 18-49 AQH +15% month to month and 28% YTY (July '15 – July '16)
- Adults 25-49 AQH increased 16% compared with last month and 33% YTY
- Adults 25-54 AQH grew 16% month to month and 31% YTY
- #1 Adults 18-49 cume and AQH composition total week in current 3 month average May/June/July '16
- 73% of KDAY's cume and 78% of AQH listeners are in the 18-49 demo
- #1 Adults 25-49 cume composition total week at 57% (current 3 mo. avg.)
- Significant growth with Blacks and Hispanics
- Hispanics comprise more than 60% of cume and 50% of AQH total week;
- 1 in 4 KDAY listeners is Black
- More than 500,000 Millennials tune to KDAY weekly – approximately 44% of total audience in July '16
- Month to month KDAY increased Millennials AQH 14% and cume 7% total week
- Two-thirds of KDAY Millennials are Hispanic. In July, KDAY scored its highest cume with Hispanic Millennials in 9 months!
- 74% of KDAY Hispanic Millennials speak both Spanish and English
- Bilingual Hispanic Millennials are now at their highest level of the year on KDAY!
For more information about 93.5 KDAY programming, upcoming events, promotions, ticket giveaways, and history visit www.935kday.com, and find us on Twitter at @935KDAY, on Facebook at Facebook.com/935KDAY.
Survey dates: June 16 – July 13, 2016 (includes official start of summer & July 4th wkd).
Source: Nielsen Audio PPM, TapWeb KDAY FM July 2016 and May/June/July 2016
About 93.5 KDAY
KDAY is the iconic Los Angeles radio station with roots as far back as the early 80's when it was the first station in the world to ever play commercial hip-hop. KDAY helped transform N.W.A. from an unknown group to one of the most prolific hip-hop groups ever, and it helped launch the careers of many mainstream artists such as Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Ice T, LL Cool J, and Queen Latifah. KDAY reflects and appeals to the diversity of the Southern California market with its unique and unmistakable West Coast sound.
About Meruelo Media
Meruelo Media (MM) is the media division of The Meruelo Group. MM currently operates two Southern California Legendary media platforms; the classic hip-hop and R&B radio station, 93.5 KDAY and one of Los Angeles' oldest Hispanic TV stations, KWHY-TV Canal 22; and Meruelo Studios (www.meruelostudios.com). The Meruelo Group is a minority owned, privately-held management company serving a diversified portfolio of affiliated entities with interests in banking and financial services; food services, manufacturing, distribution and restaurant operations; construction and engineering; hospitality and gaming; real estate management; media, public and private equity investing. For more information please visit www.meruelogroup.com.
Press: Kary Padilla (562) 552-1931
Sales: Irma Barrios (323) 337-1619
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/los-angeles-legendary-hip-hop-radio-station-kday-935-fm-delivers-extraordinary-performance-during-the-nielsen-july-book-300309306.html
SOURCE Meruelo Media