Magellan GPS Launches New Version of Magellan RoadMate App for iPhone
New App Available Now at App Store
(Special Promotional Price of $59.99)
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Dec. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Magellan GPS today announced availability of an upgraded version of its Magellan® RoadMate® App for iPhone®. The new App can be purchased for $59.99 (a $40.00 savings off of the regular price - Now, until January 3, 2010).
New version includes the following upgrades:
- Compatible with iPod touch 2nd Generation
- Customizable speed warnings
- Interactive POI on map; show POI detail with option to route-to or call the POI
- Customizable, multi-destination routing
- Use the improved music player without leaving the map screen
- Address entry improves routing to contacts in address book and sorts city options by distance
- Ability to plan a trip in simulation mode with up to 16X FF, Rewind, Pause and Next
- Find My Car now also in OneTouch menu
- Overall UI enhancements tailored to the phone navigation environment:
- Larger back button
- Larger vehicle indicator
- Direct map access button
- Larger placement of music button
- Tap car icon to save "current location"
- Improvement on the panning experience
The new version of the Magellan® RoadMate® App for iPhone® is available now. Users who purchased the original app can download a free update at the Apple App store automatically.
About MiTAC Digital Corporation
MiTAC Digital Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MiTAC International Corporation and promotes and sells products and services under the Magellan brand name. Magellan assists people to travel, work and play their way with leading portable navigation and positioning solutions across multiple consumer markets. Recognized as an industry innovator, the company is the producer of the award-winning Magellan RoadMate, and Maestro series portable car navigation systems, as well as the Magellan Triton® outdoor handheld navigation devices. MiTAC Digital Corp. is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif.
© 2009 MiTAC Digital Corp. The Magellan logo, Magellan, RoadMate, QuickSpell, Triton are registered trademarks of MiTAC International Corporation and OneTouch, Maestro are trademarks of MiTAC International Corporation and are used under license by MiTAC Digital Corp. Apple, iPhone, iPod, iPod Touch, and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Navteq On Board is a trademark of Navteq Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
MEDIA CONTACT: Raphel Finelli, Magellan GPS - 408-250-1778 or email@example.com