LOS ANGELES, May 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, announced today that Chambers USA has named 10 practices and 23 firm lawyers among its 2013 list of leading lawyers for business in the United States.
Since 1999, Chambers has been identifying the leading lawyers and law firms in the United States through interviews with thousands of lawyers and their clients. Chambers' research for its 2013 rankings was in-depth, client-focused and based on independence and objectivity. Firms and individuals must be recommended to merit inclusion. The qualities on which rankings are assessed include technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by the client.
The 2013 guide recognizes the firm with national rankings for excellence in Advertising (transactional and litigation) and Healthcare.
Manatt's complete practice rankings include:
- Advertising: Litigation
- Advertising: Transactional & Regulatory
- Labor & Employment
- Litigation: General Commercial
- Media & Entertainment: Transactional
- Real Estate
- Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
Beyond the practice rankings, 23 of the firm's lawyers received a total of 26 designations as "Leading Lawyers." Linda Goldstein (National Advertising) was honored for the second year in a row with a "Star Individual" recognition, the publication's highest distinction, given to lawyers with exceptional recommendations in their field.
William Bernstein (New York Healthcare), Daniel Higgins (California Healthcare) and Martin Thompson (California Healthcare) received Band 1 designations. Melinda Dutton and Helen Pfister (both New York Healthcare) were recognized as "Up and Coming" leading lawyers, and Thomas Morrison (National Advertising Litigation) was recognized as a "Senior Statesman."
- Robert D. Belfort – Healthcare (New York)
- William S. Bernstein – Healthcare: Regulatory & Litigation (National) and Healthcare (New York)
- Lindsay Conner – Media & Entertainment: Transactional (California)
- Jeffrey J. Davidson – Environment (District of Columbia)
- Melinda J. Dutton – Healthcare (New York)
- Jeffrey S. Edelstein – Advertising: Transactional & Regulatory (National)
- Steve Edwards – Real Estate (California)
- Linda A. Goldstein – Advertising: Transactional & Regulatory (National)
- Daniel B. Higgins – Healthcare: Transactional (National) and Healthcare (California)
- Joseph Horacek – Media & Entertainment: Transactional: Mainly Talent (California)
- Susan K. Hori – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (California)
- David Huard – Energy: State Regulatory & Litigation (California)
- Robert A. Jacobs – Media & Entertainment: Litigation (California)
- Kenneth M. Kaufman – Media & Entertainment (District of Columbia)
- Barry S. Landsberg – Healthcare (California)
- James W. Lytle – Healthcare (New York)
- Thomas C. Morrison – Advertising: Litigation (National)
- Helen R. Pfister – Healthcare (New York)
- Lee Phillips – Media & Entertainment: Transactional: Mainly Talent (California)
- Gregory N. Pimstone – Healthcare (California)
- James R. Schwartz – Healthcare: Transactional (National) and Healthcare (California)
- Martin J. Thompson – Healthcare (California)
- James G. Votaw – Environment (District of Columbia)
About Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, is one of the nation's leading law firms, with offices strategically located in California (Los Angeles, Orange County, Palo Alto, San Francisco and Sacramento), New York (New York City and Albany) and Washington, D.C. The firm represents a sophisticated client base — including Fortune 500, middle-market and emerging companies — across a range of practice areas and industry sectors. For more information, visit www.manatt.com.
Lawrence Martinez, 310-231-5443
Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
SOURCE Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP