NEW YORK, March 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Manhattan Cocktail Classic, New York's peerless multi-day celebration of cocktails and culture, today shared statistics on the festival's economic impact on the Big Apple, including total attendees, tourism, bartenders/employees and local businesses. Now in its fourth year, the festival, which will take place May 17-21, 2013, draws thousands of drinks enthusiasts, world-class bartenders and cocktail/spirits luminaries each year. It has become a much-anticipated New York tradition that benefits the city's artisanal cocktail bars and restaurants. In addition, both boutique and established brands raise their visibility by participating in the festival and engaging their target consumers face-to-face.
A female-owned, independently operated LLC incorporated in the State of New York, the Manhattan Cocktail Classic's gross revenues have skyrocketed 476 percent. To ensure its long-term growth, 97 percent of revenues have been reinvested in the festival. Below are some interesting statistics on the festival's growth and its business impact since its inception in 2009 through 2012:
- Over 20,000 attendees to date
- Attendance has grown 662 percent since 2009
- 66 percent of attendees are from the tri-state area
- 30 percent of attendees are from 33 U.S. states, including:
- Hawaii, Arizona, Nevada and Washington State
- 4 percent of attendees are from 24 foreign countries, including:
- Australia, China, Venezuela and Russia
- Participating Sponsors
- Over 200 sponsoring brands representing beverage, travel, lifestyle, luxury and technology
- Participating sponsors have increased 512 percent
- Sponsorship revenues have increased 327 percent
- Creating Jobs
- Engaging local talent, businesses and agencies wherever possible, the Classic has employed or otherwise created work opportunities for over 2,800 people
- Local Businesses Promoted
- A total of 159 New York City bars and restaurants have participated in the festival and by doing so raised their visibility, attracted new customers and grew their businesses
- Festival events and surrounding activities have created work opportunities for over 2,000 top bartenders, showcasing their talents both behind the bar and in front of the classroom
Below are some cumulative statistical highlights from the festival's four epic opening night galas, held annually at The New York Public Library's 42nd Street main branch:
- Cocktails Served: over 120,000
- Pounds of Ice Used: over 48,000
- Number of Attendees: over 12,500
- Mixologists Employed: over 600
"We are proud of the economic contribution that the Classic makes to New York City," said Lesley Townsend Duval, founder and executive director of the Manhattan Cocktail Classic. "Aside from being an exuberant celebration of cocktails, the festival is a real shot in the arm to our local bars and restaurants who create partnerships with top spirits brands through their participation with us. It's a pleasure to see boutique local brands launch with us and grow with the festival, as well as established brands that prosper by interacting directly with their consumers in an unforgettable setting."
The fourth Manhattan Cocktail Classic will kick-off on May 17, 2013 with its much-anticipated black-tie gala at The New York Public Library, spanning all four floors and featuring craft bartenders, scores of different cocktails to sample, live musical performances and unlimited merriment.
The festival extends far beyond the gala – with nearly 100 events taking place across the city over the following four days: from parties to pairings, dinners to dances, tiki tours to bar crawls, as well as workshops and lectures at artisanal cocktail bars. Independent events organized by spirits brands and local venues offer additional opportunities for education, entertainment and libational appreciation.
At the same time, a trade-oriented Industry Invitational will take place at the Andaz 5th Avenue Hotel. Geared towards hospitality industry professionals and media, this three-day trade conference consists of TED-style talks, exclusive tastings, panels, hospitality suites, cocktail competitions, technology demonstrations, networking opportunities and more.
Editor's Note: Testimonials from leading craft bartenders, bar owners and industry executives about the Manhattan Cocktail Classic are available upon request.
About the Manhattan Cocktail Classic
Part festival, part fête, part conference, part cocktail party — the Manhattan Cocktail Classic is an annual celebration of the myriad points of intersection between cocktails and culture. With nearly 100 events spread across five days and three boroughs, the Classic offers a vast array of unique experiences to enthusiasts and professionals alike, expanding the very definition of what constitutes a "cocktail event." The fourth annual Classic will take place on May 17 - 21, 2013. Cocktail fans should mark their calendars. Tickets will go on sale March 15 at noon EST. For additional information, please visit www.manhattancocktailclassic.com. Follow the Classic on Twitter at @cocktailclassic or "like" us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ManhattanCocktailClassic.
SOURCE Manhattan Cocktail Classic