ALEXANDRIA, Va., Nov. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- MSSC passed some major milestones and had other successes that made "October Manufacturing Month" a banner month and burnished MSSC's reputation as the nation's "Gold Standard" for certifying industry-wide, front-line work in advanced manufacturing and logistics.
- Exceeded 2016 target of 1700 MSSC-trained instructors and 1000 MSSC-authorized assessment centers, mostly in community colleges and high schools, in 49 states
- Issued 100,000+ credentials to date (to some 50,000 individuals) under the MSSC Certified Production Technician (CPT) and Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) programs
- Received first data from our growing "Pre-release" program in federal and state prisons showing that those who secured CPT credentials had a recidivism rate of only 12% after leaving prison vs. national rate of 76.7%.
Other notable successes this month:
- Issued the annual 2016 Edition of MSSC's national Production Standards and Logistics Standards, which are available without charge at www.msscusa.org
- Met our goal of giving MSSC CLA/CLT training and testing to 4300+ active duty members of Armed Services at 29 bases, plus to members of the Guard and Reserves
- Received National Science Foundation (NSF) grant through the Florida Advanced Technological Education Center (FLATE) to enhance the ability of Florida high schoolers to secure the full Certified Production Technician (CPT) Certification, for which the Florida Department of Education allows 15 community college credits.
Gold Standard: Please click here: Gold Standard document for more details on MSSC's Gold Standard qualifications and unique benefits. Please feel free to disseminate this 2-pager, which is also available at www.msscusa.org.
A non-profit, industry-led 501(c)(3) organization, MSSC is the national leader in training and certifying front-line work in advanced manufacturing and logistics. It delivers it instructional materials and assessments through a network of 1620 MSSC-trained instructors and 950 MSSC-authorized test sites in 49 states. MSSC is the only national certification body to be accredited by the American National Standards Institute under ISO 17024, the international quality standard for personnel certification.
Press Contact: Dina Igoe at email@example.com or 703-739-9000, ext. 2226
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/manufacturing-skill-standards-council-passes-major-milestones-in-october-manufacturing-month-2016-300354684.html
SOURCE Manufacturing Skill Standards Council