ATLANTA, March 12 /PRNewswire/ -- To celebrate the launch of its new Roastburger sandwiches, Arby's is kicking off activities to get college hoops fans off the couch and into the game. In addition to co-sponsoring CBSSports.com's Brackets on Facebook (visit www.arbys.com for details), Arby's has teamed up with leading college basketball analyst, Jay Bilas, for the inside scoop on his tournament predictions, tips to craft a winning bracket and the dream of the ultimate upset: a 16-seed beating a number one in the opening round.
This year, if a 16-seeded team successfully "roasts" the top seed during the Men's Division 1 College Basketball opening round of play, Arby's will offer a free All-American Roastburger sandwich to people visiting a participating Arby's restaurant location across the country on Monday, March 23, during operating hours. Customers must bring in proof of the win, such as the game's box score or a news article to receive the sandwich. The redemption will only take place during operating hours (which vary by restaurant) on March 23, 2009. Limit one sandwich per customer, while supplies last.
"Like every college basketball fan, March is my absolute favorite time of year," said Bilas. "I'm especially excited to see if a 16-seeded team makes college basketball history this year."
Among Bilas's tips for building a better bracket:
- Find the most efficient teams - teams with the most efficient offense and defense are more likely to win; visit www.kenpom.com for efficiency statistics
- Count the pros - seek out teams with NBA-worthy players
- Free throw shooting - pick teams that shoot and make more free throws than their opponents
- Guards rule - teams with great guards have a leg up on their opponents
- Pick the tougher mascot - when all else fails, pick the team with the tougher sounding mascot, and whatever you do, stay away from unidentifiable, shapeless life forms
Visit www.arbys.com for offer terms and more details on Bilas's predictions and tips.
Introduced to the world on March 1, Arby's new Roastburger sandwiches are never fried or greasy and available in three delicious varieties:
- All-American: features Arby's thinly sliced, oven roasted roast beef with fresh lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, ketchup, mustard and a secret sauce served on a specialty roll
- Bacon and Bleu Cheese: also boasts Arby's classic roast beef, but this flavorful 'burger' is prepared with pepper bacon, a tangy bleu cheese spread, lettuce, tomato and onion on a specialty roll
- Bacon and Cheddar: is served piled high with Arby's signature roast beef as well as pepper bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion on a specialty roll
About Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc.
Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc., based in Atlanta, is the second largest restaurant franchising system in the sandwich segment of the U.S. quick service restaurant industry. There are more than 3,700 Arby's(R) restaurants in the system. Founded in 1964, Arby's quick service restaurants specialize in slow roasted and freshly sliced roast beef sandwiches as well as Market Fresh(R) deli-style sandwiches, toasted subs, and salads, all with the convenience of a drive-thru. Arby's offers guests a unique, great tasting alternative to traditional fast food with its one-of-a-kind menu items including the Beef 'n Cheddar, Curly Fries and Jamocha shakes. Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc. is a subsidiary of Wendy's/Arby's Group, Inc. (NYSE: WEN). To learn more about Arby's, please visit www.arbys.com.
SOURCE Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc.