SPRINGFIELD, Mass., Aug. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) has awarded $155,000 to eligible nonprofit organizations through an annual Community Service Awards (CSA) program. The awards – which include one $25,000 award, ten $10,000 awards, and six $5,000 awards – are given as a tribute to MassMutual financial professionals who demonstrate outstanding commitment to nonprofit organizations in their local communities.
"Corporate responsibility and community involvement are part of the DNA of MassMutual and its financial professionals across the U.S.," said Alison Mathias, MassMutual's director of charitable giving and vice president of the MassMutual Foundation. "Many MassMutual financial professionals work tirelessly in support of causes that are critical to their local communities, and we are pleased to provide grants to the nonprofit organizations to which they passionately devote their personal time and energy."
This year's $25,000 CSA grant is being awarded to SEARCH Homeless Services by Walter Katz, a MassMutual financial professional in Houston, TX. Each year, SEARCH helps thousands of men, women and children move from the streets, into jobs and safe, stable housing by helping them obtain permanent housing, increase their income, improve their health, and ultimately reach their full potential and inclusion into society. The grant will support homeless children through the expanded operations of SEARCH's House of Tiny Treasures, a nationally accredited early childhood education center providing homeless children and their families quality care.
Additional CSA grants have been awarded to the following nonprofit organizations by the referenced MassMutual financial professionals:
$10,000 Community Service Award Recipients
- Faces of Tomorrow (Christopher Nunn, Oakland, CA)
- Hatzolah Emergency Medical Services Inc. (Moses Lipschitz, Brooklyn, NY)
- Impact Austin Foundation (Sara Pantin, Austin, TX)
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Inc. (Stephen Collins, San Antonio, TX)
- Lisas Army Inc. (Richard Ennis, Philadelphia, PA)
- Millennium Indy Inc. (T. Ray Phillips, Indianapolis, IN)
- Pioneer Valley Montessori School (Erik Skar, Holyoke, MA)
- Racing for Orphans with Down Syndrome, Inc. (Brady Murray, Salt Lake City, UT)
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern Nevada Inc. (Abowd & Rose Financial Group, Carson City, NV)
- Triangle Inc. (Michael Moran, Boston, MA)
$5,000 Community Service Award Recipients
- Cost of Freedom Inc. (Robert Madden, Melville, NY)
- English Springer Rescue America Inc. (Andrew Sheeter, Washington DC)
- Kapayim Inc. (Jacob Steif, Brooklyn, NY)
- Massachusetts Special Olympics Association, Inc. (Eric Spindt, Boston, MA)
- Scherrer Cares Buddy Bench (Michael Reisel, Brookfield, WI)
- Traumatic Brain Injury Resource Center (Lawrence Tomczak, Maumee, OH)
This year is the 20th year for Community Service Awards. The CSA program is just one of a variety of philanthropic programs sponsored by MassMutual in support of nonprofit organizations that operate where MassMutual's financial professionals live and work. Last year, in total, MassMutual provided more than $11 million in charitable contributions throughout the United States of which over $1.1 million supported organizations in honor of our financial professionals.
MassMutual is a leading mutual life insurance company that that is run for the benefit of its members and participating policyowners. MassMutual offers a wide range of financial products and services, including life insurance, disability income insurance, long term care insurance, annuities, retirement plans and other employee benefits. For more information, visit www.massmutual.com.
MassMutual Media Relations
413.744.0885 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/massmutual-donates-155000-to-nonprofit-organizations-on-behalf-of-local-financial-professionals-300315215.html