SAN DIEGO, Oct. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Maxwell Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXWL), a leading developer and manufacturer of ultracapacitor-based energy storage and power delivery solutions, today announced the 51-volt (51V) module, the newest addition to its ultracapacitor product offerings for rugged applications. The 51V module uses Maxwell's leading 2.85V, 3,400-farad (F) ultracapacitor cell to deliver the company's highest energy and power density available in the market today.
As durable and efficient energy storage solutions are in strong market demand, Maxwell's 51V module provides a self-cooling system solution that helps to optimize the performance of hybrid buses and other high-duty cycle applications.
Additional features of the 51V include:
- Incorporates Maxwell's proprietary DuraBlue™ Advanced Shock and Vibration Technology into the design, which provides three times the vibrational resistance and four times the shock immunity of previous ultracapacitor-based competitive offerings.
- Meets and exceeds the industry's highest vibration (ISO 16750-3, Table 12) standard for ultracapacitor modules and has an IP65 environmental protection rating, ensuring the module is not impacted by dust and water.
- Includes an active cooling system, which improves the module's maximum continuous current rating by nearly 90 percent and ensures optimal performance even in extreme temperatures, down to minus 40 degrees and up to 65 degrees Celsius.
- Has an identical mounting pattern to Maxwell's current 48V module.
"Hybrid bus systems need to perform reliably, even when exposed to harsh conditions such as rugged roads and extreme temperatures. The 51-volt module's ability to perform during demanding high duty-cycle applications reinforces our ongoing commitment to deliver superior performance and value to our customers," said Dr. Henning Hauenstein, vice president, strategy and marketing of Maxwell Technologies.
Additional Maxwell Technologies information:
- More information on the 51-volt ultracapacitor: http://www.maxwell.com/products/ultracapacitors/51-volt-module
- Maxwell Technologies on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Maxwell_Tech
- Maxwell Technologies on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/10e2nPA
- Maxwell Technologies on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/Z4737Y
About Maxwell: Maxwell is a global leader in the development and manufacture of innovative, cost-effective energy storage and power delivery solutions. Our ultracapacitor products provide safe and reliable power solutions for applications in consumer and industrial electronics, transportation and telecommunications. Our high-voltage grading and coupling capacitors help to ensure the safety and reliability of electric utility infrastructure and other applications involving transport, distribution and measurement of high-voltage electrical energy. For more information, please visit our website: www.maxwell.com.
For more information, contact:
Media: Sylvania Tse, Metis Communications: +1 (617) 236-0500, firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/maxwell-technologies-unveils-51-volt-ultracapacitor-module-for-hybrid-bus-market-300343296.html
SOURCE Maxwell Technologies, Inc.