Mazacruz Wines by Dehesa de los Llanos Launched in the United States
ALBACETE, Spain, June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Bodegas Dehesa de los Llanos' Mazacruz wines were launched in the United States by their US distributor during the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen and will be present at the Top Wines from Argentina, Chile, Mexico & Spain event to be held in New York on June 25
- Mazacruz wines come to the United States with a Silver Bacchus and two bronze medals awarded by the International Wine Challenge
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Tempranillo, Merlot, Petit Verdot and Graciano for red wines and Sauvignon Blanc and Verdejo in white are the grape varieties grown by Dehesa de los Llanos on lands that were already being used by Franciscan monks in the 18th century
Bodegas Dehesa de Los Llanos and its Mazacruz (Tierra de Castilla) range of wines are available in the US market for the first time in both red and white varieties. The wines were recently launched in the United States during the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen (June 14-16) and will be present at the Top Wines from Argentina, Chile, Mexico & Spain event being held in New York on June 25 after winning awards in recent weeks - a Silver Bacchus for Mazacruz Tinto 2010 and two bronze medals awarded by the International Wine Challenge for Mazacruz Cima 2008 and Mazacruz Blanco 2011.
The vineyard, located in the Dehesa de los Llanos estate in Albacete, Spain, on land that was already being used by Franciscan monks for winemaking in the 18th century, has been carefully developed by our enologist Laura Martinez, with the meticulous advice of the highly regarded Spanish enologist Ignacio de Miguel. Fifty hectares dedicated to growing Mediterranean grape varieties - Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Tempranillo, Merlot, Petit Verdot and Graciano for red wine and Sauvignon Blanc and Verdejo for white - the result of which are these great wines.
-Mazacruz Tinto CIMA 2008
- Bronze medal at the International Wine Challenge 2013
- A combination of Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Merlot and Petit Verdot
- Aged for 12 months in French oak barrels
- Bottle-aged for a minimum of 12 months
- An intense cherry red color with aromas of berries, coffee, pipe tobacco, cedar, etc when released, mineral hints can also be observed.
- Mazacruz Tinto 2010
- Silver medal at the International Florida Wine Challenge 2011
- Silver Bacchus 2013
- A combination of Syrah, Graciano, Tempranillo and Petit Verdot
- Aged for 4 months in French oak barrels
- 'Picota' cherry red with a violet edge. Begins with an intense bouquet of red fruit. A very pleasant taste, the predominant flavor is clearly fruit, sweet and tasty.
-Mazacruz Blanco CIMA 2010
- Grape variety: Verdejo
- Part of the wine is fermented in barrels, with a subsequent 4-month ageing period in the same barrels
- Aged on lees
- Bottle-aged for at least 6 months
- A luminous straw-colored yellow. An elegant and intense aroma of white fruit, well combined with bread and toasted aromas created by the fermentation and ageing in the barrel.
- Mazacruz Blanco 2012
- A combination of Sauvignon Blanc and Verdejo
- Bottle-aged for at least 6 months
- A luminous straw-colored yellow with slight greenish hints, bright. Pleasant citrus aromas of grapefruit and lime. Delicate floral bouquet and touches of pineapple, with clear aromas.
ABOUT LA DEHESA DE LOS LLANOS
Making the best cheese in the world is not a matter of chance. Dehesa de Los Llanos joins artisan production with the latest technological advances to create exceptional products. At its property, covering more than 10,000 hectares in the surroundings of Albacete, the company produces all the ingredients required to feed the Manchego sheep that produce the milk that is the essential ingredient of the artisan Manchego Designation of Origin Dehesa de Los Llanos cheese, with a Gran Reserva version that was declared the Best Cheese in the World at the last edition of the World Cheese Awards. Cheese is one of the product groups in a company that, in addition to walnuts, oil and rosemary and lavender honey, produces marinated partridge hunted on the property and wine from the Tierra de Castilla wine region. More than 50 hectares of vineyards with which Dehesa de los Llanos makes Mazacruz Tinto, Mazacruz Blanco, Mazacruz Cima and Mazacruz Cima Blanco - all steeped in the Dehesa's philosophy of offering original products that transmit the personality of the land that produces them and the care of the hands that work that land. More information at
SOURCE Dehesa de los Llanos