ALPHARETTA, Ga., May 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- McAlister's® Deli, a leading fast casual restaurant, announced today it has expanded its line of Big Bold Sandwiches with the addition of the limited-time-only Big Bold Cheesesteak.
"We are always looking for ways to satisfy guests' cravings with a variety of flavors. We wanted to expand on the popularity of our Big Bold Sandwiches and the new Cheesesteak is McAlister's take on an American regional favorite," said McAlister's Deli VP of Marketing Donna Josephson. Available through July 1, the Big Bold Cheesesteak is piled high with a generous portion of Black Angus Roast Beef, fresh roasted bell peppers and caramelized onions, finished with American cheese sauce and served on a toasted baguette.
The Big Bold Sandwiches were launched in October of last year and will remain as permanent menu items. The line includes new recipes, increased portion sizes as well as traditional guest favorites.
- Memphian™ – Enhanced with almost 50% more Black Angus roast beef, Black Forest ham and Butterball™ smoked turkey, topped with provolone, lettuce, tomatoes, lite mayo and spicy brown mustard on a toasted wheat hoagie.
- The New Yorker™ – Upgraded with double the meat of the previous recipe to include 10 oz. of corned beef and pastrami built high with Swiss cheese and spicy brown mustard on rye.
- The Italian – Black Forest ham and salami, topped with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, tri-colored bell peppers, black olives, Italian vinaigrette, salt, pepper and spicy brown mustard on a toasted baguette.
- King Club – Double the meat of the McAlister's Club™. A half-pound of Butterball™ smoked turkey and Black Forest ham, topped with applewood smoked bacon, sharp cheddar, Swiss, lettuce, tomatoes, McAlister's Honey Mustard™ and lite mayo on Ciabatta bread.
- The Big Nasty® – A half-pound of Black Angus roast beef served open-face on a toasted baguette with gravy and cheddar-jack cheese.
Technomic® recognized McAlister's twice in its Chain Restaurant Consumers' Choice Awards – in 2014 as the top kid-friendly fast casual chain and in 2013 as the top fast casual chain for food and beverage. Nation's Restaurant News named McAlister's the top limited-service sandwich chain in its 2014 Consumer Picks Survey. FastCasual.com also ranked the brand No. 2 on its "Top 100 Movers and Shakers" list of 2013 and named McAlister's President and CEO Frank Paci one of the "Top 20 People" in the industry to watch.
Founded in 1989, McAlister's® Deli is a fast casual restaurant chain known for its sandwiches, spuds, soups, salads, desserts and McAlister's Famous Sweet Tea™. In addition to dine-in and take-out service, McAlister's also offers catering with a selection of sandwich trays, box lunches, desserts, a hot spud bar and more. With numerous industry accolades, the McAlister's brand has more than 320 restaurants in 24 states. The company has corporate offices in both Alpharetta, Ga., and Ridgeland, Miss. For more information, visit www.mcalistersdeli.com.
SOURCE McAlister's Deli