BROKEN BOW, Okla., Dec. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- The McCurtain County Tourism
Authority today announced its "Top 15" list of free activities for families
and outdoor enthusiasts.
In this day when it costs money to take your kids just about anywhere
and parking fees are as high as admission fees, the McCurtain Tourism
Authority created the "Top 15 Free Things To Do In McCurtain County." The
list features three categories: Outdoor, Historic and Family Activities.
1. Bald Eagle watching along the sheer cliffs of Mountain Fork River
2. Pet a Hawk at the Beavers Bend Nature Center
3. Scenic wildlife viewing drive in the Ouachita National Forest
4. Family hiking along the David Boren Trail at Beavers Bend
5. Picnic under the cypress trees along the Mountain Fork River
1. View Indian Artifacts at the Indian Memorial Museum
2. Visit Oklahoma's oldest standing church, Wheelock Church
3. See a dinosaur at the Museum of the Red River
4. Tour the majestic Barnes-Stevenson House
5. Tour Waterfall Creek Pecan Farm in Idabel
1. Watch a live radio show on Broadway Street in Broken Bow
2. Feed goats at Honey Bear Ranch
3. Watch chainsaw sculpting at Hochatown Junction Station
4. Make arts and crafts at Beavers Bend Nature Center
5. Listen to campfire stories at Beavers Bend Nature Center
Earlier this year, McCurtain County announced a 25% "Cozy Fireplace"
discount for McCurtain County lodging. Coupled with the winter discount
incentives and free activities, McCurtain County offers a unique
vacationing experience for everyone. Located in Southeast Oklahoma and a
short drive from North Texas, Arkansas and the rest of Oklahoma, McCurtain
County is proud to announce its "Top 15 Free Things To Do List."
Recently, LIFE Magazine named McCurtain County's Beavers Bend as one of
the "100 Places To See In Your Lifetime" and The Dallas Observer voted
McCurtain County the "Best Getaway from Dallas." Discover McCurtain County
... it's Southeast Oklahoma's little piece of paradise.
To make reservations and take advantage of our winter "Cozy Fireplace"
rental rates, visit our website at http://www.mccurtaincountygetaways.com/
Or call 800-528-7337.
* Winter rates vary per lodging operator. Most operators have lowered
their winter rates up to 25% off their spring/summer rates. See web site
for list and rates.
About McCurtain County -
McCurtain County in Southeast Oklahoma's Beavers Bend State Park area
is the perfect vacation destination for a weekend getaway or family
vacation. It has all the best in natural beauty highlighted by deep
mountain lakes, National Forests, an abundance of wildlife, whitewater
adventures, the state's best trout fishing and lodging in peaceful
surroundings. McCurtain County is an easy 2 1/2 to 4-hour drive from
Dallas, Fort Worth, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Tyler, Little Rock and
For More Information, Contact:
Jim Drewitz, Public Relations
Creative Options Communications
SOURCE McCurtain County Tourism Authority