PHOENIX, Nov. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Medical answering services provider, AnswerNow, successfully launched several HIPAA-compliant service upgrades. The company now offers interfaces with CellTrust® and SmartPager. It has also developed an in-house application that integrates with the company's current call center platform. In addition, AnswerNow is establishing secure TLS (Transport Layer Security) connections with all of its clients.
"We continue to pursue more HIPAA-compliant options for our clients," said Michelle Weiss, Vice President for AnswerNow, Inc. "With security being a top concern for all healthcare organizations, our goal is to leverage new technologies for internal communications while maintaining HIPAA compliance. Our solutions help improve productivity and allow healthcare workers to make decisions faster so they can enhance patient care."
Details of the company's recent advancements include:
- A CellTrust Interface – A major provider of mobile communication security, CellTrust Corporation meets the demands of healthcare providers requiring secure and HIPAA-compliant cell phone communications.
As text messaging continues to proliferate, security rises to the forefront. The AnswerNow's CellTrust interface transforms a mobile device into a reliable, HIPAA-compliant, next-generation pager and messenger. The interface securely delivers complete patient information directly to a healthcare worker's mobile phone.
- A SmartPager Interface – Developed by SmartPager Systems Inc., SmartPager replaces outdated paging systems at Healthcare facilities. It eliminates communications barriers between medical staff that could compromise patient care.
AnswerNow's SmartPager interface creates seamless communication among healthcare providers. Messages sent through the interface are encrypted and cannot be copied or sent outside the system. Users can establish their own device policies, such as locking and wiping lost or stolen devices or deleting messages per user guidelines.
- An In-House Application – AnswerNow developed an in-house application to integrate with the company's current answering service/call center platform.
- Client TLS Connections – AnswerNow is working with all of its clients to establish secure TLS connections. Short for Transport Layer Security, TLS is a protocol that guarantees privacy and data integrity between client/server applications communicating over the Internet.
TLS ensures connections remain private and reliable by using symmetric data encryption. The company is also developing other secure connections to allow protected email communication with clients.
- TigerText Integration – Last month, AnswerNow announced integration with "TigerText," a secure messaging application. Used in over 3,000 facilities, from large hospital networks to small private practices, the TigerText application has become one of the preferred methods for healthcare providers requiring secure communications and regulatory compliance.
For more information on these new advancements, contact Michelle Weiss at 1-800-226-0491 or Michelle@AnswerNowInc.com.
About AnswerNow, Inc.
Founded over three decades ago, AnswerNow! provides call center solutions to hundreds of businesses across a multitude of industries. The U.S.-based company offers answering services, bilingual inbound and outbound call management, customer service and support, marketing and sales contact management, 24/7 service, appointment scheduling, overflow and disaster recovery. For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.AnswerNowInc.com.
Media Contact: Michelle Weiss, AnswerNow, Inc., 800-226-0491, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE AnswerNow, Inc.