CINCINNATI, Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- PatientPoint® today announced that Medinova Physicians LLC has implemented the PatientPoint Care Coordination Platform to help enable new healthcare delivery models and achieve National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Level III certification.
Based in the Bronx, NY, Medinova Physicians is a five-location practice specializing in family and internal medicine. The group is involved in the Primary Care Information Project (PCIP), an initiative of the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene that seeks to improve population health through health information technology and data exchange. One requirement of physician practices involved in the PCIP is to achieve Level III NCQA certification by December 31, 2012. Medinova's participation in the PCIP and its commitment to the PCMH model led the practice to partner with PatientPoint. Medinova deployed the PatientPoint Care Coordination Platform to address core principles of PCMH, including providing patients with comprehensive care, coordinated care, accessible services, and quality and safety. The PatientPoint Care Coordination Platform automates care coordination processes, simplifies patient engagement and supports evidence-based medicine. This platform enables Medinova to:
- Enhance after-hours access to care to improve accessibility.
- Identify and report on gaps in care by aggregating data from various sources, including health plans, patient self-reported data and practice-level systems such as the EMR. This clinical decision support system helps ensure patients get the best care.
- Automate patient engagement outreach pre- and post-service via web portal or mobile touchpoints to remind patients of their treatment plans and drive adherence.
- Electronically check patients in to reduce time at registration.
- Align patients and physicians to have a more appropriate clinical conversation relative to the patient's condition.
- Streamline clinical review, quality reporting and performance measurements to support safety and quality care.
"We believe in a relationship-based approach to healthcare that unites patients, families and the care team," said Venkata Ravi, MD, physician administrator at Medinova. "That belief is what led us to become a Patient-Centered Medical Home. By incorporating the PCMH model, we are reinforcing our fundamentals of providing quality care and strengthening the physician-patient relationship. PatientPoint provided the solutions that enabled us to achieve NCQA certification and, more importantly, to provide our patients the highest quality of care."
"Our partnership with Dr. Ravi and Medinova illustrates a commitment to deploying innovative solutions that automate care coordination processes, streamline provider workflows and strengthen the physician-patient relationship," said Raj Toleti, president of PatientPoint Coordinated Care Solutions. "Using the PatientPoint technology and working with our experienced team, Medinova is able to achieve the highest levels of certification and enhance the service they provide patients and their families. This is what we mean at PatientPoint when we talk about turning engagement into outcomes."
PatientPoint is an innovator and leading provider of patient and physician engagement solutions at the point of care. The PatientPoint network includes more than 61,000 physicians across all programs, and more than 550 hospitals throughout the U.S., and impacts over 456 million patient and caregiver exposures each year. PatientPoint award-winning health information and care coordination products drive meaningful outcomes for patients, healthcare providers and program sponsors. For more information, visit www.patientpoint.com.
Davida Dinerman/Pauline Louie