SAN DIEGO, March 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Visage Imaging, Inc. ("Visage"), a wholly owned subsidiary of Pro Medicus Ltd. (ASX: PME), announced Mercy, the fifth largest Catholic health system in the U.S., completed its enterprise-wide implementation of the Visage® 7 Enterprise Imaging Platform in record time. Visage 7 enables enterprise imaging with amazingly fast, thin-client, server-side processing technology, as well as simple diagnostic mobile access via Visage Ease Pro®.
- Less than 6 months ago, Mercy began its 5-phase series of go-lives beginning in September 2016, completing last week in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area.
- Visage 7 is now live and serving as the primary diagnostic imaging platform across 50 Mercy imaging locations, including 43 community and specialty hospitals. Mercy spans four states, including Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma.
- Visage 7 is integrated with Mercy's electronic health record (EHR), existing vendor neutral archive (VNA), and enterprise workflow engine, completing a Deconstructed PACS® strategy that provided Mercy the modular components needed to achieve quick wins in addressing failing legacy systems.
- Mercy's sophistication and scale is indicative of the massive sizes of its VNA and EHR. Tight integration with both systems was key in Mercy's ability to leverage existing investments, with minimal disruption to clinicians.
- Mercy has already begun to consolidate imaging workflows leveraging Visage's One Viewer philosophy, to include the elimination of dedicated breast imaging workstations, generating immediate ROI, and further expanding Visage 7's reach into the imaging enterprise.
- Mercy was named a 2016 Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Davies Enterprise Award recipient for achieving improvements in patient care through the use of health information technology.
- Furthermore, Mercy Technology Services (MTS) is planning on leveraging the knowledge and expertise gained during its own Visage implementation, to support its Epic Connect program, providing hosted image distribution and diagnostic solutions for its customers, nationwide.
"Mercy needed to quickly install Visage because we were operating 9 separate imaging systems, and those systems were aging," explained Gil Hoffman, CIO, Mercy Technology Services. "Visage gave us the support we needed to speed things up, shave months off our plan and get a single, strategic imaging platform in place. Now, only 6 months later, our system architecture is simplified, and physicians across Mercy have faster, more reliable access to images."
Visage's powerful architecture for Mercy processes an impressive 70,000 current and prior imaging exams daily, equating to over 25 million annual studies. Mercy has implemented Visage 7 in a centralized, high-availability architecture providing zero downtime. Visage 7 has enabled the decommissioning of 9 separate instances of Mercy's legacy PACS, simplifying and consolidating diagnostic, clinical and mobile image viewing with one Visage Backend Server and five Visage Render Servers (also replicated in a secondary data center for redundancy). Despite being centralized, Visage 7's server-side processing architecture provides 1-2 second display of any combination of imaging studies, regardless of size or modality type(s), even over broadband speed connections.
"Visage is extremely proud to have completed Mercy's massive implementation," said Dr. Sam Hupert, CEO of Visage Imaging. "Traditional PACS approaches would have taken triple the time, and can't approach the technical achievements, clinical benefits and savings Visage has delivered to Mercy."
About Visage Imaging, Inc.
Visage Imaging is a global provider of enterprise imaging and advanced visualization solutions for diagnostic imaging. Visage 7 delivers amazingly fast server-side rendered images streamed via an intelligent thin-client viewer. Radiologists and referring physicians have a customized, protocol-driven workflow to natively view multi-dimensional imagery using One Viewer, scaled to support the world's largest healthcare organizations. Powerful enterprise imaging solutions include enterprise viewing and interpretation; image enablement of EHRs, VNAs, HIEs and portals; RIS/PACS, as well as anywhere mobile diagnostic access. www.visageimaging.com
About Pro Medicus Limited
Pro Medicus Limited [ASX: PME] is Australia's leading imaging IT provider. Founded in 1983, the company provides a full range of integrated software products and services to hospital, imaging centers and health care groups worldwide. www.promed.com.au
Visage, Visage Imaging, Visage Ease Pro, Visage Ease, ANV, and Deconstructed PACS are trademarks, registered trademarks and service marks that are licensed by Visage Imaging, Inc. Other product and company names mentioned may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners or licensees.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mercy-achieves-visage-7-go-live-milestone-300425900.html
SOURCE Visage Imaging, Inc.