Meridium Announces Release of v3.6 Asset Performance Management Software For Enhanced Mobility Innovative APM Solution Offers New Remote Access Capabilities to Leverage IoT and M2M; Enabling Transformative Industry Improvements
SAN ANTONIO, April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Meridium®, Inc. (www.meridium.com), a global leader in asset performance management (APM) software and services, today announced a new release of its Asset Performance Management (APM) software, the company's innovative and industry-leading solution for managing operational risk through improved reliability, integrity and performance of production assets across the enterprise. The latest version (v3.6) provides enhanced mobility and connectivity that will bring real value add by providing insights into transformative business opportunities.
The industrial landscape relies on an abundance of data; however, it has yet to determine how best to leverage the ubiquitous connectivity of mobile devices to effectively gather asset condition data in the field. The industry needs a new and better way of managing, accessing and analyzing big data for actionable, measurable opportunities for improvement. Meridium's APM software v3.6 will provide improved mobility and remote access monitoring, creating real business value that can help industrial organizations lower costs, optimize processes and execute efficiently.
"Meridium is in the business of connecting people to assets, data and analytics in the most efficient and useful way possible," said Meridium CEO Bonz Hart. "The mobility trend sweeping through the industry has given us an opportunity to provide a compelling user experience and deliver critical information in a way that is both intuitive and timely. With our newest version v3.6, we wanted to deliver an APM platform to our clients that could make the innovation and investment in the IoT and M2M a reality."
At the company's annual meeting, Meridium Conference 2014 in San Antonio, TX, Meridium showcased some of the key product enhancements:
- Unprecedented Mobility with mobileAPM, which simplifies capturing asset condition data in field. This solution provides the right information in the right hands, anywhere at anytime. The release supports the latest iOS and Android mobile and tablet devices.
- Improved Performance, Usability and Security, v3.6 provides improved functionality, including:
- Platform support
- Ease of upgrades and installation
- Process historian support
- Asset Answers single-sign on from APM
- Enhanced Integration to base asset criticality in SAP on risk based assessments. Meridium version 3.6 features fully integrated risk-based criticality with the SAP work management process, to help prioritize work in SAP and focus asset performance improvement efforts.
"We see tremendous value with the MobileAPM feature as a game-changer for the worker today," said Eddie Amos, CTO, Meridium. "By providing asset condition and health information on the mobile device used for data collection, MobileAPM empowers the field worker. It connects them with the right information in the field, where and when they need it to make the best decisions to improve asset performance."
Meridium was founded in 1993 to help asset-intensive companies improve the health and performance of their assets, and pioneered the vision, software and technology to help them achieve this with the introduction of Asset Performance Management (APM). Today, Meridium serves market-leading companies in seven different languages with over 1,000 licensed sites in more than 70 countries globally. www.meridium.com
SOURCE Meridium Inc.